Office Assistant, HR & Operations team
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- Mission driven
About this position
POSITION DETAILSJob Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Office Manager, Toronto
Number of positions: 1
The Office Assistant will come with a background in administration and will take pride in working for a mission based company like Sustainalytics. He/she will provide a wide range of facility and administrative support functions including office management, basic financial administration and human resources support for Sustainalytics’ operations in Toronto. We are looking for a professional, flexible, and energetic team player who is able to work independently, shows initiative and is attentive to details. The ideal candidate is able to set priorities, has great communication skills, remains calm under pressure and possesses extremely strong organization skills.
- Perform general administrative office tasks such as: reception, facility management, meeting coordination, travel and hotel booking, mail processing;
- Supervise timely maintenance and replacement of the company’s fixed assets and office supplies;
- Effectively liaise with external parties (landlord, suppliers, security, clients, visitors, etc.);
- Prepare, record, and perform the necessary quality checks with respect to various administrative tasks: correspondence, approvals, files for signatures, notes and other documents;
- Actively play a key role in maintaining a sustainable office environment;
- Organize staff engagement sessions and staff outings;
- Contribute to a safe, positive and enjoyable office environment;
- Liaise with international offices including the Romanian, Dutch and United States offices;
- Anticipation of and response to office needs as they emerge;
- Perform administrative HR tasks as required.
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission vision and values;
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Experience in the field of (office) administration;
- Tactful, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization;
- Meticulousness and attentiveness to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Independent, resourceful self-starter;
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline (business, accounting, economics, etc.) would be a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills considered an asset.
Sustainalytics is an award-winning, global responsible investment research firm specialized in environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and analysis.
We offer global perspectives and solutions that are underpinned by local expertise, serving both values-based and mainstream investors that integrate ESG information and assessments into their investment decisions. View our Impact Profile
The impact of our work is one that is felt over the long term. We are seeking to change the face of capital markets in pursuit of a more just and sustainable world by helping some of the world’s largest institutional investors make sustainable investment decisions.
Our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
Career Growth Opportunities
We invest in our staff's training and developmet, so the people and the company can grow together over the long term. We give all our employees a $1000 education credit which they are expected to use every year and we’ll also pay for them to take the CFA exam if they’re interested. For each team we have a formal career development path that’s meant to provide a framework of how one progresses throughout the company.
Gain a global outlook working at Sustainalytics. With offices around the world you can take part in our employee exchange program - from Australia to Amsterdam.