Operations Lead (Resourcing & Project Management)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
As a key member of our Operations team, you play a pivotal role in supporting the smooth and successful operation of our business, expertly balancing the needs, demands and expectations of our internal teams and our clients to help deliver exceptional work and outcomes, while driving the financial health of our business and the positive culture, environment and experience we create for our staff and clients.
This job is not easy (but likely you know this already). Your primary responsibility is the smooth and effective deployment of Public’s resources, including both staff and external vendors/partners, against the projects and work booked into our agency.
You act as the hub for all of our internal teams, working closely with our Client team to ensure that signed Statements of Work (SOWs) are in place and kept current for every project, and that detailed work plans and budgets are being used to guide and inform tasks, resourcing, deadlines and deliverables on a day-to-day basis.
You are an expert in using Function Point, Google docs and other project management tools to assign and keep track of each individual project and resource, but also aggregated reporting and problem-solving around capacity utilization, workloads, and prioritization of deadlines and deliverables across and within functions.
You play a key day-to-day role in assigning, monitoring and reallocating projects and tasks across our entire team, helping both teams and individuals juggle priorities and expectations to ensure projects are completed on-time and on-budget, and that any changes in scope, deadlines or deliverables are identified and resolved proactively.
You will learn the strengths and skills of each team member, helping to ensure projects are allocated effectively, including tasks that may need to be outsourced to external vendors/partners, but also identifying areas for professional development.
- Experienced. Have done and excelled at this job previously; improved processes and implemented new ones to make doing the work, working with others, and our workplace, more effective, efficient and enjoyable.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely organized and adept at managing the minutiae that contribute to effective people and project management.
- Nimble. Thrive in a fast-paced, complex and deadline-driven environment. Are comfortable with ambiguity, but have expertise putting in place smart processes and systems that are flexible but drive focused, measurable results.
- A problem-solver. Ask thoughtful questions, identify and seek solutions, and are innately curious about people, issues, business and the world around you.
- A people person. Motivated by putting people in the best position to succeed, and skilled at balancing the range of personalities, skills, interests and work styles associated with a people-driven, client service business.
- Values-driven. Share our values, believe strongly in the importance of fit, and the desire to bring your whole self to work.
- Passionate about purpose. Eager to play an active role in reshaping consumer and business behaviours to create a more equitable, sustainable and profitable world.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of advertising, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of agency experience in a resourcing/project management role
- Expertise using Function Point (or similar), along with other project management tools and resources, to effectively manage resourcing, workflow and budgets
Public Inc. is a leading social impact agency helping brands profit with purpose.We believe that purpose - a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact - will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into their brand, business and marketing strategies creates a "sticky factor" that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
And more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose". Learn more at publicinc.com
View our Impact Profile
What we look for when hiring
We look for people who are:
Innately curious about people, issues, business, the world around them, and what makes them tick;
Passionate about solving problems, and have the imagination and creativity needed to bring these solutions to life out in the world;
Great "people" people who want to work in and help champion a collaborative, challenging and supportive environment;
Comfortable with ambiguity, and with helping both clients and our team develop the confidence and conviction to take smart, calculated risks; and
Determined to play an active role in reshaping consumer & business behaviours to create a more just, equitable, sustainable and profitable world.