Engagement Specialist (Community Manager)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
Position Name: Engagement Specialist (Community Manager)
Report to: V.P., Engagement
Do you live and breathe social media? Do you love writing, have a good eye for design and a knack for engaging conversation? Are you passionate about social causes? If you answered yes, and want to be part of a fun, passionate team that is driven by great execution and results, and wants to work with leading brands to address pressing social issues, read on.
PUBLIC Inc. is looking for an Engagement Specialist (Community Manager) to join the team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment and is steeped in social media content creation, community moderation, and analytics.
Description of Position
You will, with supervision, create social media and content strategies and plans; work closely with PUBLIC’s cross-functional teams on project work, including research around social conversations on key topics for client work; take the lead in creating content for PUBLIC’s own social channels, based on our internal marketing plan and priorities.
Reporting to the V.P., Engagement, you are an integral member of the Engagement Team whose role is to drive and deliver integrated marketing and communications strategies and activations for our clients, which are informed by consumer, channel, and market insights and direction.
- Strategy and planning: be involved in developing social media and content strategies according to PUBLIC’s established social media framework. Work with clients on content strategy and plans, as well as content efficacy and best practices.
- Influencer program planning and execution: provide insight to and recommendations on key program social media influencers, build relationships with influencers in accordance with influencer strategy.
- Community management/moderation: actively manage and post timely and relevant content that is on-brand and on-strategy. Engage audience(s) in an on-going manner. Optimize content based on analytics and data findings through regular review of social analytics dashboard and performance reports.
- Monitoring: stay on top of the community as we receive comments, and respond to comments promptly while aligning to our community guidelines and brand positioning. Surface client, industry and category history, trends, and newsworthy information for action.
- Content development: lead and create responsive and planned brand content; independently develop creative assets for social channels, newsletters and websites using design tools, with the assistance of our Creative team as needed.
- Calendar Maintenance: work collaboratively with client and team on the creation and maintenance of monthly content calendar of planned posts across multiple social channels.
- Event management: attend events as needed (industry related, sponsorship activations, company specific, etc.).
- Customer service: answer directly or provide a forum and process to solve member/customer problems according to agreed-upon client escalation process.
- Client support: provide experienced social media/community management counsel.
- Develop and maintain expertise: stay up-to-date on trends and developments in your area of expertise and proactively surface those newsworthy for action.
- Reporting: set up automated reporting and work closely with Engagement Lead to analyze content performance for future optimization.
- Thought leadership: working collaboratively with the Engagement Team, take the lead in creating content for PUBLIC’s social channels and newsletter; actively manage PUBLIC’s digital community; identify areas of opportunity for PUBLIC’s marketing efforts.
You will also support our Client and Business Development teams in growing our business and our Operations team in ensuring a productive and efficient workplace.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience managing social media channels and/or campaigns for a variety of clients, including community management, campaign management and social media analytics.
- Highly proficient on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, with a keen knowledge of emerging trends and updates.
- Experience with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer or Post Beyond.
- Some design experience (e.g. Photoshop and/or InDesign) and an eye for good design and layout. Photography/video skills a plus.
- Project Management skills, including managing internal and external stakeholders, multiple campaigns and projects at once.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint (or similar presentation tools).
In addition, you:
- have strong communication skills;
- are a problem-solver, plan and pay attention to detail;
- identify and communicate problems as they arise
- are an organized multi-tasker, with a creative streak;
- take initiative and work well independently, while also enjoying working collaboratively to successfully complete projects;
- are efficient and know how to manage your time; and
- are curious to learn new things
- Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing, Communications and/or Business or related field.
Public Inc. is a leading social impact agency helping brands profit with purpose.We believe that purpose - a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact - will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into their brand, business and marketing strategies creates a "sticky factor" that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
And more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose". Learn more at publicinc.com
View our Impact Profile
Strategy + Creative + Execution = Purpose in Action
Working in close partnership with our clients, we identify key business and marketing touchpoints that can be amplified through purpose, develop the necessary strategies to do so, and bring the results to life through outstanding creative work and marketing activities.
Our clients include TD Bank Financial Group, The Body Shop, Maple Leaf Foods, Danone, NBCUniversal, Starbucks, Under Armour, Kruger Products, The Canadian Football League, The University of Ontario Institute of Technology The Canadian Mental Health Association, and more.
Ways We Give Back At Work
Passionate People. Inspiring Solutions.
And we walk the walk, too. From hosting a #RefugeesWelcome dinner at our office, to actively pursuing self care practices at work, and providing a week of paid volunteering, you will make a difference working at Public Inc.
We are driven and unique problem-solvers who understand that, in our rapidly changing world, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to our clients’ challenges and that best practices must be tailored to individual client needs. As a growing team, you will become deeply involved in our work and have a direct impact on how our client business grows.
What It's Like to Work Here
We're located in downtown Toronto steps away from transit and amazing restaurants. We offer flexible working hours (you can work from home, in coffee shops, or in the park across the street) and we care about you as person beyond the job (do you like healthy or not-so-healthy snacks?).
The Bottom Line
We believe that purpose -- a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact -- will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into business and marketing strategies creates a "stickiness” that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
We also believe more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose".
What we look for when hiring
We look for people who are:
Innately curious about people, issues, business, the world around them, and what makes them tick;
Passionate about solving problems, and have the imagination and creativity needed to bring these solutions to life out in the world;
Great "people" people who want to work in and help champion a collaborative, challenging and supportive environment;
Comfortable with ambiguity, and with helping both clients and our team develop the confidence and conviction to take smart, calculated risks; and
Determined to play an active role in reshaping consumer & business behaviours to create a more just, equitable, sustainable and profitable world.
Career Growth Opportunities
We're a small shop, so the possibilities for growth are endless. All staff work closely with our leadership team and are exposed to many senior-level conversations that provide great learning opportunities. And, If you have an idea, don't be shy – share your vision, demonstrate your abilities, and PUBLIC may give you the opportunity to bring it to life.
We organize "Public Perspectives", a quarterly series on industry trends, as well as lunch-and-learns on personal and professional matters –from financial management to "how-to's" on reducing your carbon footprint and socially responsible investing. And, there's our regular monthly culture feature...