- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
Brief Summary of the Position:
We’re looking for a confident, organized, and personable self-starter who thrives in a collaborative and informal environment and wants to work with leading brands to make the world a better place. As a Client Specialist, your core responsibility is to co-ordinate and manage the process with clients, partners and vendors. In joint efforts with the Client Director you will help to build trusted, long-term relationships with our clients that enable us to identify, understand and respond to their needs by marshaling the combined skills and expertise of our broader Public team to help them, their customers, employees and other key stakeholders “profit with purpose”.
Together with our Client Director, you share primary responsibility for ensuring all client engagements are guided by a clearly defined SOW, and remain on time, on budget, and on task. Client Specialists are responsible for detailed project management processes that enable us to consistently deliver exceptional work that meets or exceeds both specific project deliverables and broader client business and social impact objectives.
Account planning and management:
- Work with clients to understand them, their business, their challenges and their needs
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, key project documents and reports (e.g., proposals, scopes of work, project plans, work back schedules, internal and creative briefing documents, contact/call reports, status reports)
- Act as the day to day point of contact for all clients and partners (in partnership with Client Director)
- Arrange and coordinate internal and client meetings
- Build professional relationships with clients
- Monitor and track budgets, proactively flag budgetary concerns
- Develop detailed timelines and work back schedules and maintain timelines throughout, flagging any delays or areas of concern internally and to clients/partners
- Maintain up-to-date overview of team capacity
- Ensure all client requests are met in a timely & service-oriented manner
- Supervise and actively participate in project development and execution through all stages of work (e.g., research, strategy, concept development, creative execution, communications, social media)
- Co-coordinate all internal teams related to a specific project (e.g., strategy, digital, creative, PR, senior leadership)
- Co-ordinate the execution/production of creative outputs, working with partners or vendors where necessary
- Co-ordinate external vendor relationships
You have strong:
- Organizational and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Bilingual will be an asset
In addition, you:
- Pay attention to detail
- Think ahead and take initiative
- Identify and communicate problems as they arise
- Are efficient and know how to manage your time
- Are curious to learn new things
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- 1-3 years’ experience in an agency or related field
- BA (Advertising/Marketing preferred, but not necessary)
Public Inc. is a leading social impact agency helping brands profit with purpose.We believe that purpose - a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact - will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into their brand, business and marketing strategies creates a "sticky factor" that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
And more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose". Learn more at publicinc.com
View our Impact Profile
Strategy + Creative + Execution = Purpose in Action
Working in close partnership with our clients, we identify key business and marketing touchpoints that can be amplified through purpose, develop the necessary strategies to do so, and bring the results to life through outstanding creative work and marketing activities.
Our clients include TD Bank Financial Group, The Body Shop, Maple Leaf Foods, Danone, NBCUniversal, Starbucks, Under Armour, Kruger Products, The Canadian Football League, The University of Ontario Institute of Technology The Canadian Mental Health Association, and more.
Ways We Give Back At Work
Passionate People. Inspiring Solutions.
And we walk the walk, too. From hosting a #RefugeesWelcome dinner at our office, to actively pursuing self care practices at work, and providing a week of paid volunteering, you will make a difference working at Public Inc.
We are driven and unique problem-solvers who understand that, in our rapidly changing world, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to our clients’ challenges and that best practices must be tailored to individual client needs. As a growing team, you will become deeply involved in our work and have a direct impact on how our client business grows.
What It's Like to Work Here
We're located in downtown Toronto steps away from transit and amazing restaurants. We offer flexible working hours (you can work from home, in coffee shops, or in the park across the street) and we care about you as person beyond the job (do you like healthy or not-so-healthy snacks?).
The Bottom Line
We believe that purpose -- a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact -- will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into business and marketing strategies creates a "stickiness” that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
We also believe more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose".
What we look for when hiring
We look for people who are:
Innately curious about people, issues, business, the world around them, and what makes them tick;
Passionate about solving problems, and have the imagination and creativity needed to bring these solutions to life out in the world;
Great "people" people who want to work in and help champion a collaborative, challenging and supportive environment;
Comfortable with ambiguity, and with helping both clients and our team develop the confidence and conviction to take smart, calculated risks; and
Determined to play an active role in reshaping consumer & business behaviours to create a more just, equitable, sustainable and profitable world.
Career Growth Opportunities
We're a small shop, so the possibilities for growth are endless. All staff work closely with our leadership team and are exposed to many senior-level conversations that provide great learning opportunities. And, If you have an idea, don't be shy – share your vision, demonstrate your abilities, and PUBLIC may give you the opportunity to bring it to life.
We organize "Public Perspectives", a quarterly series on industry trends, as well as lunch-and-learns on personal and professional matters –from financial management to "how-to's" on reducing your carbon footprint and socially responsible investing. And, there's our regular monthly culture feature...