Manager, Family Services – Poverty Reduction
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Jewish Family & Child is a multi-service, client-centered agency, family service, and a Children’s Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families; we are seeking a Manager, Family Services – Poverty Reduction to develop, manage, support, and lead the Agency’s Poverty Reduction team. This position reports to the Director of Family service and is outside of the bargaining unit.
Clinical Team Management
- Lead, manage, and develop a strong team of workers with complementary skills.
- Ensure all service delivery is effective, evidence informed based on sound clinical practice, and responsive through the direct supervision of services to clients in line with case management plans.
- Ensure that the Practice Teams have the right capabilities and qualifications to ensure the delivery of high quality services in line with case management plans.
- Monitor, review, and manage program budgets ensuring judicious use of resources.
Poverty Reduction Program Management
- Develop, implement, review, maintain, and provide ongoing clinical supervision to the Reducing the Effects of Poverty (REP) programs.
- Lead evidence-informed REP program development, implementation, ongoing management, and continuous improvement.
- Establish new hire training modules as well as implementing plans and processes for ongoing skill development and mastery among frontline staff and managers.
- Ensure staff and management has the tools and resources to effectively support the implementation and delivery of programs.
- Assist in the preparation of funding submissions, service statistics, proposals, etc. and be involved in seeking new sources of funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and chair the poverty reduction community of practice and the standing committee.
- Recruit, hire, manage, discipline, and provide leadership to a team of social workers and other staff.
- Provide team with relevant and updated information about the specific community (ies), partnerships, stakeholders, planning, etc.
- Establish, maintain and promote partnerships and networks with other agencies, community groups and stakeholders in the development and management of Poverty Reduction programs including playing a leadership role in the JF&CS Centre of Excellence.
- Represents the Agency’s mission, vision, and values in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered member of OCSWSSW in good standing.
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience including management or supervisory experience.
- Expertise in Poverty Reduction Programming.
- Understanding of Sustainable Livelihoods Model is an asset.
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing evidence-informed practice and programs.
- Strong program management, leadership and clinical skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team-based environment with a variety of styles as well as manage team and individual conflict.
- An understanding of and experience in working with clients from diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit https://www.jfandcs.com/career-opportunities submit your résumé and cover letter. This position will remain active until it is filled.
JF&CS is conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto. On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym (with subsidized membership).
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided