- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Walk-In and Counselling team. The Counsellor provides goal-focused counselling for children, youth and their families, who are struggling with mental health issues. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving children, youth and families, have superior interpersonal and open communication skills, and are vibrant, flexible, and compassionate!
In this permanent full-time, Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Devise and deliver goal-focused treatment and intervention plans through a single-session approach in partnership with children, youth and their families, working toward improving functioning at home, school and in the community based upon a comprehensive, strength-based assessment
- Provide case management for children, youth and their families, including working collaboratively with formal and informal support systems
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of session summaries, assessments, progress reports and discharge summaries
- Provide statistical information related to the service provided to each client and participate in program evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with partner agencies/organizations
- Have the ability to effectively design and implement a crisis plan, to ensure safety within the home/school/community settings
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, regular evening work will be required
- Travel to external meetings within the Peel region will be required occasionally
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp on or before September 3, 2019.
- Membership in good standing in the provincial regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario is required
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a counsellor working with children, youth and their families struggling with mental health issues
- 1 - 2 years of experience with the Single Session or Walk-In model
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Brief Solution Focused Therapy and Trauma informed therapy
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,230 – 55,275
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor
Organization Description not provided