Bilingual General Receptionist
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Status: Full-time Contract Position of 6 months
Pay Scale $18.469/hour to $22.251/hour
Pension and Benefits: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) /including some benefits
Start Date: December 2019
Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC) is actively looking for a Bilingual General Receptionist.
Centretown Community Health Centre is committed to decreasing barriers to health and social services for marginalized communities and holds health equity and inclusion as core values. CCHC pays particular attention to vulnerable groups including the senior population, the LGBT2SQ+ community, those affected by mental illness and addictions, the homeless, and newcomers to Canada. CCHC plays a leadership role in LGBT2SQ+ and trans health services in the Ottawa area, and has a history of providing advocacy, capacity raising and service delivery to the populations served.
The General Receptionist is the first point of contact for the Centre. They answer and direct phone calls, greet clients and visitors and provide support to Centretown Community Health Centre’s (CCHC) staff, volunteers and clients through effective engagement. They direct clients accessing services at the Centre and in the local community as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a receptionist of large multi-disciplinary staff.
- Experience in person centred approach
- Experience working with a community-based health/social service agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the capacity to establish relationships, and manage challenging situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of client service principles and practices
- Demonstrated capacity to welcome and serve individuals from diverse backgrounds including but not limited to LGB2TQ community, newcomers and transgender community
- Demonstrates flexibility, good judgement and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, email and MS Word and data entry software.
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Knowledge of nonviolent intervention techniques
English, written and spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before November 30, 2019 by 11:59 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Bilingual General Receptionist (GR, CS)”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.
Organization Description not provided