- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Working for Change is seeking an Executive Director to lead an innovative non-profit that operates a variety of social enterprises, offers pre-employment training opportunities for people disadvantaged by systemic barriers, and provides public education on a variety of poverty related issues. WFC is committed to principles of equity and values the expertise of people with lived experience as evidenced by our operations and governance. WFC primarily employs people who identify as having lived experience with two-thirds of the Board of Directors having lived experience. As we serve a racially diverse community, we strive to reflect that diversity.
Working for Change is seeking an Executive Director
Position Summary: The successful applicant will have responsibility for leading, directing, managing and evaluating the overall operations of Working for Change.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years progressive leadership/management experience in the mental health, community health or social service sector
- Strong working knowledge of mental health and addiction issues and communities and the inequities people face
- Experience working with program partners, funders, mental health, addiction and poverty communities and the ability to represent the organization in these settings
- Experience with employment and/or education as a tool for transformation
- Financial management experience and the ability to develop, monitor and manage a budget with multiple funders
- Demonstrated experience in planning, program development and project management
- Experience in grant writing and/or fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to the principles of anti-oppression, social justice and recovery
- An ability to foster stability, yet encourage innovation and continuous improvement within the organization
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline (or the equivalent experience)
- Working knowledge of community economic development/social enterprises an asset
- Lived experience of mental health/addiction issues preferred
Reports to: Working for Change Board of Directors
Working for Change is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups. Accommodation during the hiring process is available upon request for individuals with disabilities who are selected for an interview. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
September 14th by 5pm.