Psychogeriatric Case Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
DATE: March 14, 2023
LOCATION: Toronto, ON – John Gibson House
COMPENSATION: $52,535 - $63,260 Annually Prorated
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 10,000 annually and providing 1,733 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. LOFT is also recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill our mission, LOFT is hiring a Psychogeriatric Case Manager.
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager (PCM) you will be part of a team that co-ordinates a support network and linkages for older adult and seniors with serious mental illness, provides assistance to the physical, cognitive, and mental health needs of vulnerable, senior residents, and other older adults living in various community assisted living sites.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist clients in the development and implementation of a care plan tailored to the client’s needs and issues designed to improve quality of life.
- Act as a liaison and client advocate among those involved with client’s care including family, other care-givers, medical and other multi-disciplinary providers.
- Complete and maintain the required records or statistics such as resident files, assessments, reports and application forms to other applicable agencies.
- Provide support, consultation to colleagues, identify gaps in service and recommend solutions, develop individual goals and objectives and crisis plans.
- Provide direct service and support to clients in areas such as daily living, practical assistance, crisis intervention, linkages to primary care and a range of other services to support the individual’s needs.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Completion of or working towards a diploma/degree in Social Services/Human Services, or equivalent; Gerontology is an asset.
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable seniors and older adults with complex needs including mental illness, addictions and severe social isolation.
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship.
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Group counseling related to mental health, addictions and related issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel.
- Counseling and assessment skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and supports.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams and community stakeholders.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- An understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Being reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, is a strong asset.
We believe there are many different ways of developing skills, and we love diverse
experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Defined Benefits Pensions Plan
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- E-learning program available all year round
- Starting vacation time above minimum standard,
- Additional paid personal and paid sick days
- Professional development budget available to help you nurture and shape your career
- Corporate Gym membership rate with GoodLife Fitness
- Access to Perkopolis, a comprehensive corporate discount program
- Access to unlimited DEI trainings through partnership Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Maternity-leave top up program
Note: All New LOFT employees are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy; unless they are employed in or work regularly with staff who are employed in, non-client facing roles.
Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is also required.
CLOSING DATE: March 28th, 2023