Philanthropy Officer, Major Gifts
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
What We Do
For over 75 years, Easter Seals BC & Yukon has been a leader in making a difference in bettering the lives of children and adults with disabilities, and for families having to travel to Vancouver for medical treatment. Operated by the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities, Easter Seals BC & Yukon has helped over 1.1 million families in need through transportation services, Easter Seals Camps, educational classes, Easter Seals House, post-secondary bursaries, and community access services.
Providing these vital programs and services takes a diverse workforce, which is where you come in. We’re looking for passionate people to join our team and contribute to making Easter Seals the most welcoming, most supportive, and most inspiring place for the children, adults and families we serve.
Join us in creating a more inclusive society, so children and adults with disabilities can continue to achieve their dreams for another 75 years.
What You’ll Do
Easter Seals BC & Yukon is seeking a Philanthropy Officer, Major Gifts a persuasive networker and connector, that will have the proven ability to engage prospective donors and stakeholders effectively and proactively from diverse communities. Authentic and genuine, with a high degree of emotional awareness, the ideal candidate will be intuitive and donor centric, understanding the nuances of donor interactions and in all situations, calibrating to build the strongest donor relationships and sharing Easter Seals BC & Yukon stories.
The successful candidate will combine their commitment to outstanding fundraising practice with a desire to inspire colleagues and stakeholders alike to achieve new levels of accomplishment in support for Easter Seals BC & Yukon mission and vision.
- Implement a comprehensive action plan to cultivate, solicit, and upgrade Major Gift donors. Personally cultivate and solicit donors with a goal of retaining and upgrading their gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 identified prospects. Engage in face-to-face meetings and personalized donor-based activities.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy team on the strategy and plan for solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation to engage the donor group including highly personalized direct marketing efforts.
- Ensure donors receive impeccable and personalized stewardship, through tailored correspondence, reports, and updates in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop strategies to deepen relationships with event-based and mid-size gift donors.
- Meet and exceed metrics tied to activities/moves, revenue, retention, upgrades, and meaningful cultivation.
- Responsible for tracking prospects and donors and documenting their cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Working with the Engagement team contributes to the development of communication materials, including publications, used in the cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship of existing donors and prospects.
- Support the development and execution of strategies for special direct market campaigns (print, electronic, and telephone) coordinated with major gift efforts and drives.
- Work collaboratively with the Sr Manager, Philanthropy to identify high-capacity major gift donor prospects or legacy prospects for special cultivation.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy team to oversee and or support the implementation of special events in specific communities.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree, certificate program in fundraising or equivalent direct work experience.
- Minimum three years of philanthropy experience and a minimum of one-three years’ experience in Major Gift fundraising.
- Nice to have experience using Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack or Raiser’s Edge.
- A passion to work in a fast-paced, fully integrated fundraising environment and an appreciation for the mission and purpose of Easter Seal.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- A high attention to detail with research and analytical ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High personal motivation, time-efficiency, adaptability, and positive general attitude.
- The ability to problem-solve, innovate, be creative and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, stay on schedule and meet deadlines with the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion.
- Have strong relationship skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
What's In It for You
We invest time and resources into making sure Easter Seals BC & Yukon is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work
- Location: Vancouver office (hybrid) and some travel required.
- Environment: stimulating and challenging work environment
- Balance your life: flexible schedule, remote work options
- Health: Medical Group Benefits
- Ongoing training
- Equal opportunities: We believe that all employees have the right to equality, equal opportunity, fair treatment, and an environment free of discrimination.
In our efforts to create positive, innovative, and life changing solutions for people served by the variety of programs we offer, we are guided by our core values that impact our decision making and define our culture.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best in all that we do.
- Relevance: We commit to effectiveness, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
- Integrity: We are trustworthy and accountable.
- Inclusive: We treat everyone with respect, embrace diversity, and value the contributions of individuals and communities.
- Collaboration: We foster teamwork and build collaborative relationships.
- Access: We champion improved access for individuals with disabilities.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are essential to creating a meaningful and vibrant workplace. At Easter Seals BC & Yukon, we are committed to building a strong and representative team and encourage applications from members of all communities who are disadvantaged under the BC Human Rights Code. Easter Seals BC & Yukon is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.