Project Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Evergreen is currently seeking a skilled project manager to join our Marketing & Communications team. This individual will help to ensure our marketing, brand and digital projects meet deliverables on budget and on time. The successful candidate has experience in supporting the delivery of complex projects, working across teams, and adapting to tight deadlines and changing priorities.
This position plays a critical role in the delivery of two large scale brand and website projects as well as providing project management support to all Marketing & Communications activities.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Project Manager works with the Marketing & Communications managers to ensure project goals and timelines are clear, that team resources are allocated effectively and that project deliverables are met. You’ll work with colleagues across the organization to build project plans, manage timelines, communicate expectations and identify and mitigate risks. You’ll manage the project intake process for the Marketing & Communications team, handling new project requests, assigning tasks and keeping online project management software accurate and up to date.
- Work with Marketing & Communications Managers to develop project work plans, in coordination with appropriate internal and external stakeholders, to establish project scope, deliverables, budgets, accountabilities, schedules, timelines, KPIs, resources, monitoring, and post project audit/evaluation.
- Oversee budgets and staffing levels to efficiently meet project delivery requirements.
- Manage the project intake process for the team, handling all new requests that come in and assigning them to relevant colleagues.
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. At Evergreen, we use the project management tool Wrike.
- Develop, manage, and deliver progress reports and presentations.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Drive and influence team members on program activities to ensure deliverables are achieved on time, within budget and achieve the strategic goals of the program.
- Proactively work with Program and Project Managers to resolve issues and remove roadblocks; Proactively identify potential issues before they negatively impact the project.
- Confidently lead and facilitate status meetings.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation, and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
You have the following qualification:
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact at all levels with clients and internal teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities/tight deadlines effectively; to problem solve, navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion, and simplify complex situations
- Familiarity with the project management needs of marketing & communications projects, in particular digital projects.
- Strong analytical capabilities, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Proficient in project budget management and reporting
- Strong familiarity with project management software (Evergreen uses Wrike)
- Excellent skills with standard IT software including Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently handle several tasks simultaneously
- PMP or equivalent designation an asset
- Supervised by: Digital Marketing Manager
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto.
- Office or remote work environment with onsite presence as required.
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday (flexible).
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Permanent, full time
- Target Hire Rate: $60,000 - $65,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: February 12, 2023
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*