Residential Counsellor Aide
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Almonte, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Carebridge Community Support is seeking Casual Residential Counsellor Aides in Smiths Falls and Almonte areas in Developmental Services. We are a multi-service agency with one of its functions being a provider of support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities. We are seeking candidates to fill day, evening and overnight shifts.
The Residential Counselor Aide (RCA) is an advocate for individuals and is responsible for helping to develop and implement Person Centered Plans in accordance with residents’ individual needs. The RCA is also responsible for assisting residents in achieving their potential in activities of daily living and administering resident care as required.
- Coordinates and supports residents’ activities and residence programs by establishing a good rapport and communicating effectively with all residents, families and friends of residents;
- Assists in facilitating leisure and recreational activities according to resident wishes and programs within the residence;
- Carrying out required programming, feeding, dressing, assisting residents with personal hygiene routines, including lifting and bathing routines, when necessary, and ensuring that residents are properly attired for programs being attended or for outings;
- Responsible for dispensing medication and providing care as needed, and completing accurate documentation as required;
- Being aware of and up-to-date on medical problems and their precautions and being able to deal with emergency situations;
- Functions as a member of a collaborative team by maintaining open communication with colleagues and Team Leader;
- Report any hazards, hazardous conditions or other concerns related to the health and safety of any person in the workplace to your immediate supervisor or designated person in charge;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education & skill requirement: PSW, DSW, S.S.G.D., SSW or, Mental Health Worker, related post-secondary training or equivalent field related experience is preferred.
- Experience in Community Residential Services and Programming as related to intellectually delayed persons, with knowledge and experience in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- A mature and conscientious individual who is creative and flexible.
- Valid G driver’s license and driver’s abstract are required.
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR/AED Level C.
- A Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months is required.
If you are interested in being considered for a position, please forward a cover letter and resume, indicating the location and type of position you are interested in.
Carebridge Community Support
Attn: Brittany Hudson, Director, HR
67 Industrial Drive, P.O. Box 610
Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
Email: email@example.com Fax: 613-256-1185
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.