Digital Education Coordinator
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto,Downtown, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
About TechSoup Canada
At TechSoup Canada, we believe technology is key to helping nonprofits achieve their full potential. We work to lower the barriers to technology through access to tools and knowledge. One of our core programs involves access to discounted technology products from over 30 companies such as Microsoft, Zoom, Symantec and Cisco to eligible charities, nonprofits, and public libraries. We also create and share resources such as articles, blogs, and webinars to help nonprofits learn about how to use technology to advance their missions.
About the Centre for Social Innovation
TechSoup Canada is a program of the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world. CSI provides its members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.
About the Role
The TechSoup Canada Digital Education Coordinator will be working with the Marketing Manager to keep Canadian nonprofits informed on how to best use technology for their activities. The role will be responsible for creating, curating and editing content focused on nonprofit digital transformation.
Nonprofit digital transformation focuses on evolving the people, processes and technology in organizations to achieve greater positive social and environmental impact. The role aims to make educational resources accessible to the social-mission sector in the form of blog articles, webinars, in-person events and speaking engagements, courses, workshops, peer groups, communities of practice, and other means. Working together with the TechSoup Canada team and TechSoup Global Network you will ensure quality educational content is accessed by TechSoup members and beyond to progress through their digital transformation journeys.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to help develop and execute education activities
- Generate and curate educational content on nonprofit digital transformation
- Identify and coordinate external contacts providing guest content
- Curate, provide guidance and edit guest content in the form of blog articles, webinar presentations, workshops, etc
- Publish, promote and increase engagement in educational content to help nonprofits utilize technology and progress in their digital transformation journeys
- Organize, promote, and facilitate webinars with educational content on digital transformation topics
- Develop and launch premium paid education content, including Masterclass webinars, Cohort-based digital transformation in-person workshop series, Digital transformation online courses
- Report on KPIs of team health and member learning progress
- Continuously identify areas for improvement in our programs and processes
- Contribute and support the development of the overall TechSoup Canada team strategy
- Participate in other areas of TechSoup Canada’s activities and programs as needed
- Support the Marketing Manager in marketing efforts as needed
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in Adult Education and Facilitation online and offline
- Knowledge of digital transformation
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Canada
- Experience in project management
- Fluent in English; strong preference will be given to candidates bilingual in French
- Strong spoken and written communication skills to convey complicated ideas in a clear, friendly and engaging manner
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player in a small, highly collaborative environment, demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work
- Knowledge of products by Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, Intuit, Cisco and other popular technology that would be beneficial to the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of MailChimp
- Experience in social media, email campaign management
- Familiarity with webinar tools like GoToMeeting, Zoom.us
- Bilingual (English - French)
What you can expect working at TechSoup Canada
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community. There is a steep learning curve when you join, but our team is committed to helping you develop new skills. If you like startups, social enterprises and working in a team atmosphere, we would like to hear from you.
We strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by November 29th, 2019.
Note that we may invite you to an interview with only a few days notice, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any of our spaces - we will be happy to work with you to accommodate any accessibility requests as best we can.
For more information about TechSoup Canada, visit www.techsoupcanada.ca.
Organization Description not provided