Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Downtown Toronto (Rosedale), ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
You will support the President & CEO by managing the schedule, donor relations, Board and Committee logistics and related activities. You will manage office and administrative functions for the organization and the Executive team such as creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation, taking minutes, and answering the main phone line and general email box, and ordering supplies. The office is currently closed to staff. However, this position will be required to attend the office once a week to sort the mail and process the bank deposit. To do this role properly, you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
- Work strategically and proactively with the President and CEO to manage and implement discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies including outreach, follow-up and tracking meaningful moves.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with C-suite, donors, volunteers and clients.
- Manage the President and CEO’s schedule, facilitate other meetings and appointments for the senior team, and manage travel itineraries.
- Support the Board of Directors and Committees meeting logistics and preparation of the agenda package, and accurately prepare minutes from various meetings.
- Support the staff in ensuring that all documents are designed and prepared in accordance with accessibility standards.
- Researching and collecting data to prepare documents for review and prepare presentations for high worth clients, boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and partners.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, memos, invoices, letters, and other documents for the executive team.
- Researching and conducting research to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, Raiser’s Edge, databases, and presentation software
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents including opening mail, bank deposits, and handling basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Sorting mail, filling out donation forms and helping to process donations .
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Assist in preparation and mailing of tax receipts.
- Provide general administrative support and experience as a virtual assistant
- Responsible for managing the general email account including responding to inquiries; directing inquires to the correct staff person
- Responsible for managing the general phone line; returning call to each person or directing their message to the correct staff person
- Responsible for managing the organizational calendar as new programs, events and meeting are added.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and equipment for staff and office
- Being the main point of contact during the business day between the office and the building superintendent – reporting any issues that need immediate assistance.
- Arrange shipping logistics with Purolator/ Canada Post
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
- Relevant post-secondary degree
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills in English and French
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
This is a maternity leave contract position. It is for a period of one year and may be extended for an additional 6 months. The current annual salary range for this temporary fulltime position is $45,000 to $55,000.
START DATE: January 4th, 2021
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com before 5pm on December 10th, 2020.