Information, Referral and Intake Worker
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $35,000.00 to $52,000.00 per Annum
Unionized Position: No Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Administrative
The information, referral and intake worker will be responsible for operating the day to day intake and access operations for Reconnect Community Health Services and will ensure that completed intakes are completed and distributed to the appropriate program and/or agency(s) for further processing. This role will be responsible for the intake function for internal programs at the organization and for the West Toronto Community Network of Care.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Operating the day to day operations of Reconnect Community Health Services and the West Toronto Community Network of Care, ensuring all applicants are screened and referred in a timely manner to the appropriate internal program or agency service;
- Ensuring that completed intakes are distributed to the appropriate program or agency for further processing;
- Providing written and electronic reports in keeping with the standards and procedures of Reconnect and the West Toronto Community Network of Care
- At the referral stage, where the services cannot meet the client’s needs, the Intake Worker will make recommendations to the individual and/or referring person/agency, regarding alternative services and assist them in linking with these services;
- Participating constructively as a member of the West Network’s Service Resolution Process;
- Establishing liaison with other access systems, agencies/providers of community health services in the West Toronto Sub-Region as necessary and appropriate;
- Preparing monthly reports and any other data as required;
- Assisting in ensuring accurate completion of screening documents;
- Responding appropriately and in a timely manner to crisis situations involving clients of the West Network services, including assessing high risk behaviours (self harm, suicide) referring to crisis services;
- Administrative duties to support service functioning as required
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field;
- 2-3 years of experience in an intake role
- Solid knowledge and experience with screening tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of interview and assessment skills
- Phone and on-line service support experience an asset
- In depth knowledge of community healthcare services within Toronto. Knowledge of services in the west end of Toronto is an asset.
- Minimum two years related experience in crisis support and intervention.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- ability to conduct intake interviews to assess appropriateness for services within Reconnect and the West Toronto Sub-Region
- ability to act as a liaison with other agencies and service providers
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required;
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Thursday, May 2, 2019. Please reference "Information, Referral and Intake Worker Application in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Organization Description not provided