- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Old Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Bain Apartments Co-operative Incorporated is a vibrant 260 unit member-led housing co-op located in the heart of Toronto’s Riverdale neighbourhood. We are looking for an energetic, full time, experienced, Operations Coordinator to join our amazing Management team. This position offers a varied portfolio including communications, administrative support, project co-ordination, and liaising with staff, the board of directors, and members of the co-op. To learn more about Bain Apartments Co-op, please see our website: www.bainco-op.ca
The Operations Coordinator is the frontline staff person for the co-op for its members and the public. It requires excellent organizational skills and communications skills.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from members of the Co-op as well as members of the community
- Administrative support to the General Manager and staff team
- Liaise between staff, members and the maintenance department
- Coordinate Community Centre bookings
- Maintaining Co-op website
- Preparing and printing packages as required for several regularly-scheduled meetings: background memos, correspondence and related documentation
- Researching, interpreting policies and by-laws, legislation as it relates to the co-op
- Coordinate unit rentals, maintain waitlists with high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- General administrative duties including photocopying, mail distribution, file and list maintenance
- Depending on the needs of the Co-operative, this role and its duties may be modified.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years in administrative position, or commensurate experience
- Good understanding of Housing Co-operatives and how they function
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse community and the staff team while maintaining a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Experience coordinating complex projects and events
- Strong time and workload management skills
- Excellent research skills interpreting policies and by-laws
- Organized and energetic with demonstrated experience in performing administrative duties
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Experience using HMWorx or other property management software
- Prior experience in non-profit housing sector
- Experience working with volunteer committees or board of directors
- Ability to work remotely
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, 40 hours per week with some evenings and very occasional weekend work.
Salary: Starting at $25 per hour
Excellent benefits package after successful completion of a 3 month probationary period: After successful completion of a 3 month probationary period
Target start date: As soon as possible
Please send resume and cover letter by March 26, 2023 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Coordinator in the header.
No phone calls please.
Bain Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.