Senior Analyst, Corporate and ESG Reporting
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Waterfront Toronto seeks a Senior Analyst, Corporate and ESG Reporting to support the Corporation’s corporate reporting function and sustainability initiatives, focused on measurement of impact through KPI/performance measurement and synthesis into a strategic business plan and integrated annual report. This role will have a specific focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues including climate-related risks, reporting and opportunities.
The position also supports related reporting to the corporate business unit (finance, legal, IT and HR), senior management team, Audit Committee and Board of Directors. This role will work closely with the Director, Financial Management in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer, and Senior Analyst, Innovation and Sustainability, as well to carry out special projects.
- Maintaining an integrated KPI performance measurement reporting framework in strategic and annual plans, in line with leading best practice and the Corporation’s legislated mandate.
- Supporting preparation of new reports and disclosures on climate-related risks and opportunities in alignment with global best practices, including Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining benchmarks for measuring financial, operating and ESG performance, including reviewing with emerging accounting trends, practices and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining performance and risk dashboards for the Senior Management Team, Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Co-leading integrated annual reporting and target setting with finance, sustainability, and communications teams.
- Establishing a framework for and undertaking new project-level or functional impact reporting.
- Provide support for government reporting requirements.
- Implementing relevant audit recommendations.
- Ensuring all corporate statutory reporting is completed in compliance with obligations.
- Research and report on relevant financial reporting technical issues as they arise, particularly as they may relate to climate risk and/or broader ESG topics.
- Recognized professional accounting designation will be considered an asset.
- Experience in corporate KPI / performance measurement frameworks / dashboard reporting
- Experience in corporate sustainability/ ESG reporting including GRI and SDGs, preferably with direct involvement in producing corporate sustainability or integrated annual reports.
- Familiarity with approach to assessing climate risks and opportunities using TCFD.
- Familiarity with developments in international accounting standards on sustainability and internal controls over sustainability reporting (including but not limited to IFRS, SASB, COSO).
- Ability to understand business purpose and drivers and translate these into performance measures.
- Experience with business analytics, power BI, business intelligence and modern, large ERP systems.
- Experience in researching financial reporting technical issues.
- Detailed knowledge of Waterfront Toronto vision, mandate, goals and sustainability initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in corporate impact performance reporting.
- Self-starter with proven problem-solving abilities and able to work well under pressure and in an environment of changing requirements.
- Expert skills in information technology and related software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) to prepare reports and presentations, and conduct research.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
Waterfront Toronto was established by the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto in 2001 to oversee and lead the renewal of the city’s waterfront. Our mandate is to deliver a revitalized waterfront that brings together the most innovative approaches to sustainable urban development, excellence in design, real estate development, and leading technology infrastructure. Working with stakeholders, and with public and private-sector partners, Waterfront Toronto creates neighbourhoods anchored by parks and public spaces, and diverse, sustainable, mixed-use communities that offer a high quality of life for residents, employees, and visitors alike. We are transforming the waterfront for the use and enjoyment of the people of Toronto, Ontario and Canada, to foster economic growth and to redefine how the city, province and country are perceived by the world.