Artistic Director - Kawartha Youth Orchestra
- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Peterborough, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Artistic Director, Kawartha Youth Orchestra
The Kawartha Youth Orchestra (KYO) has been a leader in music education and performance in the Kawartha region since 2002. Even a global pandemic has not stopped the music; versatility and adaptability have enabled us to continue serving the children and youth of the region. As a rapidly growing organization, the KYO is seeking an individual of extraordinary vision to join us on our journey.
- Annual renewable part-time Employment Contract: July 2021 - June 2022 (avg. 19 hrs/week)
- One-time 2-month Consultant Contract: May – June 2021
Remuneration, commensurate with experience:
- regular Employment Contract: $37,240 - $41,895
- one-time Consultant Contract: $3,600 – $4,050
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
The Artistic Director is a high-profile leadership position within the organization requiring a highly skilled, passionate, collaborative leader to provide inspiring leadership and management to all aspects of the UPBEAT and Orchestras’ Programs.
As the Artistic Director, in consultation with the UPBEAT Artistic Team and the Orchestras’ Artistic Planning Committee, you will:
- Develop an Artistic Plan, aligned with the organizational Strategic Plan, focused on creative innovation, diverse pedagogy, sustainability, and inspiration,
- Develop the Annual Artistic Operational Plan including music selection, inreach/outreach opportunities, community partnerships and performance,
- Lead excellence in the execution of all aspects of the Music Education Program,
- Conduct the Senior Kawartha Youth Orchestra,
- Teach within the UPBEAT program.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will hold a Music degree and have significant in-person and virtual experience inspiring a love of music, teaching children, building successful music education programs, building faculty capacity, and conducting ensembles.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package by Monday, February 22nd, 2021. The package should include: a letter of interest, CV, list of references, three videos of you engaging in musical education (rehearsal, performance, ensemble teaching, etc.). If possible, one should be recorded live in concert. We recommend you upload your video samples to a private YouTube page and send us the links.
- Please forward to Helen Thompson, Chair - Human Resources, Vice President of the KYO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A detailed job description is available for review upon request.
- Short listed candidates will be invited to conduct an ensemble of the senior orchestra in rehearsal, in late March; this may be in-person or via Zoom based upon applicant’s location and COVID restrictions.
Learn more about the Kawartha Youth Orchestra and its programs at: www.thekyo.org