- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
We are a social services and community healthcare consulting firm that works closely with our community partners to help vulnerable individuals live full, meaningful lives. Rooted in the philosophy of independent living, our products and services are designed to maximize choice and promote control over one's life-planning and use of government funding. Our team is composed of almost 20 individuals with varied backgrounds and experience.
The Project Manager is a key team member of Sonderbloom, responsible for the oversight of all aspects of project(s) assigned to them. A project manager is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing a project from start to finish. They ensure that the project is completed on time and within its budget and scope. Project Managers in Sonderbloom are expected to provide quality control, leadership, and guidance to support a positive corporate culture.
We’re seeking candidates who can demonstrate strong financial and project management skills, with the ability to collaborate with colleagues from Sonderbloom’s wider multi-disciplinary team. To succeed in this rewarding role, you will be required to display excellent communication and organization skills. You will have the ability to challenge, support, influence, and engage with senior managers and stakeholders to find solutions that support our ambitions and the objectives of our partners and clients.
This position requires a strong team player adept at balancing a multi-faceted role and willing to perform a wide array of tasks to lead or support a variety of projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience. A post-secondary education in business administration, finance, accounting, engineering, public policy, or another relevant program is desired. Knowledge of Wrike, M365, and Sharepoint is considered an asset. Certification in PMPs OR Lean Six Sigma would be preferred.
As a project manager, you will lead projects through every stage of the project cycle, from planning to delivery. You’ll be a key member of our team, responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong rapport with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- You will lead project planning sessions to set project goals and objectives, scope, determine timelines, define tasks, and outline resources necessary to successfully complete the project
- You will manage teams made up of internal staff and members of external stakeholder organizations
- You will monitor the progress of projects, including addressing issues that may arise and ensuring project deliverables are completed on time
- You will use an appropriate tracking tool to coordinate different elements of the project
- You will organize regular status and review meetings as necessary, including generating and distributing meeting minutes
- You will synthesize and analyze data to prepare accurate financial forecasts and reports
- You will gather resources, identify potential constraints based on activities and timeframes, and define solutions to manage any constraints
- You will design a risk management plan to minimize foreseeable disruptions to the project
- You will manage relevant budgets ensure compliance with processes such as RFP generation and PO generation
- You will oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation, including managing contracts
- You will maintain adherence to company style and branding in all outgoing communications
- You will lead in designing, submitting, and reviewing formal and informal tenders
- You will manage a portfolio and resources to ensure client engagement through project plans, schedules, project tracking, budget and resource allocation, Gantt charts, and workload analysis
- You will report regularly to management and relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project, challenges, resolutions, and alterations
- You will conduct project reviews, including creating detailed reports for executive staff and identifying areas for future improvement
- You will ensure all project deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met
- You will optimize and improve processes, identify growth opportunities, and initiate new projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely at a level appropriate to the target audience
- Ability to solve problems by systematically analyzing issues, drawing logical conclusions, and recommending practical solutions
- Flexibility and creative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct, coordinate, and follow up with team members to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage the workload of multiple projects
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Writing and Analysis
- Ability to develop project content
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings and community consultations
- Preparing project proposals, scope documents and contracts
- Preparing and leading presentations
- Conduct market research as required
- Manage client deliverables including the drafting of deliverables such as research papers, facilitating data gathering and writing reports.