Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
- For profit
About this position
The CSR Manager will play a pivotal role as part of Ceridian’s high-performing Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Team. As the CSR Manager, you’ll join a small but mighty team of seasoned professionals who lead our expanding global social impact and sustainability efforts.
You will help execute on purpose-driven strategies that make work life better for our colleagues while also benefiting our communities. Your work will inspire our employees around the world to give back in meaningful ways.
Your primary role will be to manage the ongoing operations of all CSR-related initiatives and programs, including the Ceridian Cares Foundation in the US and Canada, global employee giving and volunteering programs and platform, corporate philanthropy, CSR responses to natural disaster and crisis situations, and other social impact initiatives.
You will keep the daily operations of our programs running smoothly, track and measure our success in these initiatives, help tell the story of the impact we are having, develop compelling programming and materials, monitor and provide recommendations on trends in giving and broader social movements, and provide advanced support in developing and implementing strategic and special projects.
You have a unique combination of skills: you are prepared to inspire and engage others, can leverage independent judgment and creativity, and have the ability to maintain multiple detailed operational processes in a timely, efficient, and accurate way. You have a strong attention to detail, with proven abilities in program and project management. You are a collaborative, engaged, proactive, and a driven team player.
Key accountabilities will include:
Manage global employee giving and volunteering programs
- Become a subject matter expert in – and manage day to day operations of – Ceridian’s global giving and volunteering platform, with full understanding of departmental and company objectives
- Manage a global inbox, triaging and responding to employee inquiries
- Develop and manage content and create giving/volunteering opportunities for our employees
- Guide and inspire a highly engaged team of global Senior Champions (employee volunteers who assist with our giving and volunteering efforts in each country)
- Develop, curate, and execute an ongoing calendar of content, communications, and related events to foster employee engagement via CSR activities
- Help prepare for (and occasionally deliver) key internal awareness meetings to other business groups
- Track, measure, and regularly report on content performance against KPIs and targets
- Exhibit initiative, proactively recommending ideas and tactics for forthcoming programming
- Interaction with internal and external contacts at various levels
- Plan and attend functions and special events with travel as needed
- Become a subject matter expert and key resource regarding the Ceridian Cares Foundation
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Ceridian Cares Foundation in the US and Canada
- Contribute to defining the direction for new streamlined operational processes
- Manage the end-to-end grant application and review process and database administration
- Liaise with grant applicants, recipients, and other external parties as needed; providing a positive and respectful ‘customer service’ experience at all times
- Manage grant payment and expense process, as well as other foundation expense processes
- Manage and monitor the financial affairs of the Ceridian Cares Foundation, including chapter budget allocation; liaise with Finance regarding expense, budget and grant reconciliation
- Manage inboxes and voicemails (with support from shared resources), triaging and responding to applicants, grant recipients, community members and employees
- Train, guide, monitor and inspire a highly engaged team of over 200 volunteer Chapter Chairs and Chapter Members across North America (i.e. employee volunteers who review and make decisions on applications)
- Prepare and disseminate information to the Foundation Board members, chapter members, applicants, third parties, and community partners
- Report in writing and verbally to the Foundation Board of Directors
- Coordinate meetings of the Foundation Board of Directors
- Attend all Board meetings (typically held virtually except for an annual face-to-face meeting – this will be managed as appropriate with pandemic guidance)
- Support key internal fundraising campaigns, helping develop and execute based on campaign goals
- Manage programs with limited supervision, including KPIs and measurement, budget tracking, and planning processes
- Ensure all ongoing work is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies; manage confidential information with an exceptional level of integrity and trust
- Act as a positive ambassador and spokesperson for the Ceridian Cares Foundation
- Act with accountability, honesty, and concern for the integrity of Ceridian Cares and other CSR programs
- Disaster and crisis response: Maintain awareness of seasonal natural disaster cycles to facilitate readiness to respond from a corporate giving lens; track news on natural disaster and crisis situations in our global Ceridian locations; make recommendations regarding appropriate CSR responses to natural disaster and crisis situations as they arise
- Facilitate external corporate donations
- Monitor and provide recommendations on trends in giving and broader social movements
- Other initiatives and programs as our CSR offerings continue to develop and evolve
- Ability to work independently and on a team to deliver a seamless experience to our key stakeholders
- Able to manage and deliver against tight timelines and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Diligence, particularly with communication, follow-up, documentation, and a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to compare data sets, organize data and summarize findings
- Experience managing finance, budget and expense tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong to expert level skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; ability to engage the interest of others
- Strong business acumen with a focus on achieving, tracking, and measuring results
- Ability to balance a variety of objectives and perspectives while keeping everyone focused on the broader goals
- Adaptable and resourceful; thriving in a dynamic environment
- Minimum three to five years in a corporate environment is preferred; non-profit experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree an asset
- Education or experience in corporate social responsibility is an asset
- Familiarity with the Benevity platform and/or M-Files database management an asset
- Competency in French a nice-to-have
- Willingness to travel
- Is an independent learner, intellectually curious and comfortable digging for information to understand and resolve issues
- Has the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly
- Is a roll-up-your sleeves team member, committed to make work life better for our colleagues while contributing to our communities
- Seeks out and embraces feedback, takes on assignments that challenge and improve skills
- Has an “I own it” attitude about deliverables and projects from start to finish
- Professional maturity and a sense of humor preferred!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!