Manager, Autism Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Manager, Autism Services
LOCATION: McNicoll and Hartsdale sites (North York & Etobicoke)
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Regular (37.5 hours/week)
POSTING CLOSING DATE: June 11, 2023
Interested in working with an amazing team that really cares? Then you should join Lumenus! At Lumenus we illuminate a seamless pathway to optimal wellbeing for our clients. As one of the largest mental health agencies in Ontario, we offer a broad range of high-quality mental health, developmental and community services for infants, children, youth, individuals, and families across Toronto. We are a passionate, dynamic and growing agency. We offer a competitive salary, employer paid benefits, ongoing training, and career development opportunities!
Lumenus Community Services is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free and we encourage applications from all individuals including, but not limited to, all cultures, religions, racialized communities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
Lumenus Community Services is looking for a Supervisor, Autism Services. The Autism Supervisor, leads and supervises a team of Therapists delivering behaviour services based on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). They will ensure effective operation of Autism Services through clinical supervision and support for clients and their families in matters related to behavioural interventions at home and in the community.
As a member of the Lumenus Management Team, the Manager, Autism Services is responsible for implementing and monitoring the Agency’s Autism Services strategic plan as it relates to the program’s purpose and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Conduct functional and behavioural assessments
- Develop and /or approve individual treatment programs for children and youth
- Design and write clinical programs
- Participate in the treatment planning process
- Conducts on-site supervision of direct service delivery
- Ensure the clinical program is delivered according to prescribed standards of service and clinical practice
- Provide training for parents related to behavioural intervention at home and in the community
- Assist in the delivery of Family Support Services
- Train, coach, supervise and evaluate Therapists
- Support ongoing training and professional development of Therapists
- Contribute to effective cross-sector linkages
- Other duties as assigned and relevant to this position
- Carry out administrative functions in support of service delivery
- Provide administrative supervision to a team of Therapists
- Monitor performance standards and complete ongoing learning plans and performance appraisals
- Participate in, and contribute to, the Centre’s Leadership and Management functions
- Participate in, and contribute to Toronto Autism Services partnership
- Must possess a Master’s degree in psychology or related field with current clinical expertise and knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ work experience in the provision of ABA to children and or youth with autism, or relevant experience
- Must possess the Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) certification in good standing
- Must have a thorough understanding of principles and conceptual issues of ABA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of communication assistive software applications is an asset (Pro-loquo2go)
- Experience in supervising employees is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and administrative skills
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Fluency in more than one language is considered an asset and proficiency in French is preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in respectful interactions with others and address situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds and lived experiences
- Must have a strong work ethic, that includes but is not limited to:
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening process
- Ability to work flexible hours; evenings and weekends may be required
- Valid and current First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid and current SMG Training (Safe Management)
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to visit our website at https://lumenus.ca/careers/ and submit their cover letter and resume through our Career Centre on or before June 11, 2023.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Lumenus believes that immunization against COVID-19 is an individual and societal responsibility and that we must do everything possible to protect our clients, families, employees, students, volunteers and contractors against the spread of COVID-19. As a condition of employment, proof of full vaccination or exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be submitted to Human Resources seven (7) calendar days prior to start date.