- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for the Every Woman Every Child Innovation Marketplace. The Every Woman Every Child Innovation Marketplace is a strategic alliance between development innovation organizations operating under the United Nations’ Every Woman Every Child Initiative and the Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s, and Adolescent’s Health (2016-2030). It is hosted by Grand Challenges Canada at its offices in Toronto, Canada.
The Every Woman Every Child Innovation Marketplace seeks to catalyze and advance the development, scale and sustainability of innovations that offer the greatest opportunity to save and improve lives of women and children in low and middle-income countries by 2030, by providing critical connections to funders, partnerships and support mechanisms.
This unique role is a blend of data processing, research and administrative abilities to support the team in an organizational and administrative function.
• Build, develop and maintain databases using project management tools like SmartSheet through ongoing qualitative and quantitative data entry
• Create and maintain marketing material and reports in the form of PowerPoint decks and Word documents.
• Liaise with team regularly to ensure databases are updated
• Provide administrative support through scheduling meetings, preparing meeting material and recording minutes
• Support coordination and management of events including logistics, reimbursements and catering
• Perform other job-related duties as required
• Minimum 2 year experience working in a fast-paced, professional office environment (business, finance and health sectors considered an asset)
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with attention to detail
• Prior experience in knowledge management
• Prior experience with meeting scheduling and administrative support
• Knowledge or experience in SmartSheet or similar database software
• Proven ability and comfort to respond to changing priorities and ad hoc tasks
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor degree preferred
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line HERE. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Organization Description not provided