Behavioural Support Specialist
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Oakville South, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
About Safe Management Group Inc.
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to supporting individuals with complex and unique needs. Our goal is to assist individuals in reaching their maximum potential. Our clinical team is specialized in behaviour habilitation with the focus of increasing adaptive and prosocial behaviours and reducing maladaptive behaviours which interfere with quality of life.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Behavioural Support Specialist:
- Implements facility wide behavioral programs as well as individualized behavioral protocols and completing the necessary documentations.
- Models appropriate behavior, provides positive reinforcement and corrective feedback daily.
- Assists residents in ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living includes bathing, transfers, toileting and physical assistance), assists and participates in physical, vocational and recreational activities.
- Transports residents to medical appointments, vocational, recreational, educational activities in the community including Grocery shopping etc.
- Administers residents’ medication programs.
- Interacts with residents’ family and visitors in the facility and on home visits.
- Completes all daily needed documentation (i.e. behavioral data, token exchange, shift summaries, house charts, checklists, medication administration records, and incident reports) including filing in client binders
- Ensure the safety of all residents and co-workers by ensuring a safe environment, following all safety protocols, and implementing the require physical and mechanical interventions.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals to join our team.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.
- Motivated to help others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-care related field, and previous experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviors an asset.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Be available to work a rotating schedule (Morning, Evenings and Overnights).
- Diploma in Behavioural Sciences, Police Foundations, or degree in Psychology, Criminology, or related discipline.
- Experience working with Individuals with complex behaviours would be an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis
Please Send your Resume to email@example.com, please include a subject line with your first and last name and include Behavioural Support Specialist Candidate.