The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
With almost 80 employees working across 5 sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Research and Pipeline Development Manager who is experienced and excited by the opportunity to provide information, analysis, and prospect management tools in support of the Foundation’s work to secure transformational support.
Working closely with our Leaders and the Research team, the Research and Pipeline Development Manager provides insight and strategizes on the provision of specialized, high quality prospect research and pipeline development and analysis to provide accurate, timely, and strategic information on prospective donors to the BC Cancer Foundation (BCCF) fundraising staff. The incumbent will also provide market research insights using research tools and data segmentation to enhance BCCF’s fundraising activity.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Gift & Estate Planning, your responsibilities will include:
- Working in coordination with the Research Analyst, identify and qualify potential major gift prospects through internal data and external information using industry best practices
- Rate donors and prospects in terms of inclination and capacity to support cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Prepare accurate major gift prospect profiles, to inform briefing materials and reports in a timely and cohesive manner
- Prepare reports for use at Board Committees
- Maintain accurate, strategic and timely information on major gift prospects and donors in our database, Raiser’s Edge, through coordination with database staff
- Develops an understanding of BCCF fundraising priorities, attending prospect and donor strategy meetings where necessary to recommend research strategies and approaches
- Along with the Research Analyst, establish guidelines, protocols and systems to gather, maintain and deliver the results of prospect and donor research to meet the needs of fundraisers; develop and maintain appropriate templates for research
- Keep abreast of new resources and research technology and making recommendations as required
- Utilize a wide range of resources for research, including printed materials, online databases, community resources, existing files and records, and networking opportunities
- Prepare Board candidate profiles and related documents, as needed
- Qualify new major gift donor prospects for further action in line with organizational fundraising priorities
- Identify new prospective donors, assess their gift capacity and potential, uncover facts that show how an optimum size gift may best be solicited; contribute to the development of targeted cultivation strategies
- Identify giving patterns of current donors and high level prospects; identify donors with potential for growth and increased involvement with BCCF
- Working with the Development Manager, coordinate and track pipeline progress, identifying areas for attention and assisting in accountability reporting
- Integrate with Advancement Operations team in ensuring constituent data in Raiser’s Edge is accurate and current
- A relevant degree from a recognized post-secondary institution. An advanced degree in Library & Information Studies is preferred
- Minimum five years of prospect research, stewardship and/or fund development experience, preferably including full or partial responsibility for development research in a large integrated Major gift fundraising environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Core knowledge + skills:
- Ability to locate, analyze, interpret, synthesize and communicate information, financial data and reports into information that will guide qualification, cultivation and solicitation strategies and stewardship reporting
- Demonstrated aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail, with a focus on data investigating and reporting
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, effectiveness and organizational skills and the ability to work well and within timelines
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact in handling highly sensitive and confidential information ethically; adhering to professional standards and protecting the confidential information of BCCF and BC Cancer
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to provide clear executive information
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices; keen interest in new and innovative ideas for research and pipeline management
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, database/information management, email and internet. A knowledge of sophisticated fundraising software programs, preferably Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage
- Expert knowledge of internet search engines and other print and internet resources and tools pertaining to prospect research
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
Please apply directly on our careers page here.