Employment Placement Specialist
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Vancouver (East Mount Pleasant), BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Title: Employment Placement Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Position Status: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Reports to: Acting Head of Counselling
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Employment Placement Specialist assists unemployed Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing individuals to prepare for, obtain and maintain sustainable employment or community attachment through the WorkBC integrated case management model. Reports directly to the Acting Head of Counselling Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts formal needs assessment, employment counselling, return to work action plan development, job search support, administering financial supports, facilitating one-to-one or group workshops, referral to appropriate community resources and external programs and follow up, monitoring and reporting client progress and outcomes.
- Market participants to employers, develops strong business relationships, develops and implements successful marketing and job placement strategies.
- Meets key performance measurements as outlined by contractors/stakeholders.
- Provides and monitors ongoing client case management activities through database tracking.
- Maintains documentation of case notes, reports statistical information in the Integrated Case Management database.
- Provides public presentations and community outreach.
- Provides referrals to outside agencies.
- Liaise with internal and external professionals, organizations, agencies, and government.
- Complete paperwork in accordance to WorkBC policies and guidelines.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with an ability to multitask, take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, and work effectively under pressure in a demanding performance based environment.
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant social services, community, disability, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) considered an asset.
- Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility is a bilingual environment (ASL/English), fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and English is required for this position.
- Strong understanding of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing communication needs.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients using a client centered approach.
- Advanced MS Office and Case Management database skills.
- Familiarity with the Integrated Case Management Database and WorkBC policy guidelines is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years direct experience delivering employment related services, preferably in a case management capacity.
- Labour market knowledge with a strong understanding of current job search techniques.
- Knowledge of community resources and relevant employment programs/services.
- Time management skills combined with ability to prioritize along with strong organizational skills.
- Strong written communication skills and proficiency in various computer programs.
- Effective public presentation skills.
ABOUT WAVEFRONT CENTRE FOR COMMUNICATION ACCESSIBILITY
Established in 1956 and trusted for over 64 years, Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility (operating name for Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) is a BC based, charitable non-profit organization. Wavefront Centre serves over 14,000 Deaf and Hard of Hearing clients each year by delivering innovative services in the areas of Audiology, Counselling, Seniors Outreach, Communication Accessible Services and Communication Devices to help clients achieve full communication accessibility.
Hours of work:
The typical hours of work are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Incumbents may be asked to work overtime from time to time.
Contact: Marco Chiaramonte, Acting Head of Counselling
Email resume to: email@example.com
Please email your cover letter and resume as a PDF.
Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.