Senior Sponsorship, Fund Development & Community Event Specialist
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Formed in 1996 as a non-profit organization Scarborough Blues (SBA) has a long and fine tradition of providing youth in and around the GTA area with the opportunity to grow and enjoy life through the sport of basketball. For most SBA participants our basketball programs are simply a means of building character, developing friendships and youth having a whole lot of fun.
The Scarborough Basketball Association (SBA) is a registered non-profit organization. We believe in putting athletes first and winning second. Over the past 25 years of existence, we have placed Scarborough on the basketball map in Ontario, by producing great young adults, basketball players, a and organizing completive events.
Scarborough Blues (SBA) requires an energetic go-getter who can work full time.
The Fundraiser will be responsible for the development and implementation of the SBA Blues sponsorship/fundraising strategy. He/she will be responsible for performing a wide variety of complex functions and services such as, being involved in maintaining contact with key donors, organizing and attending fundraising efforts, assisting in the creation of strategy recommendations, scheduling appointments, and administrative duties. He/she will engage in a team approach and thereby strengthen our organizations capacity as a whole.
- Community/ Customer Focus
- Communications [especially in person]
- Results Focus [proven ability to raise funds]
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Good Time Management
- Team Work
- Meet Sponsorship/Fundraising goals and solicit funds to meet these goals
- Set up SBA’s charity status
- Identify potential funding opportunities in the private and public sector and organize initiatives to solicit funding
- Coordinate publicity methods to ensure the public is aware of fundraising campaigns
- Steward donor relationships and provide ongoing updates to funders
- Ensure community and funder relationships are developed, enhanced and nurtured
- Develop yearly fundraising plans and monitor progress regularly
- Schedule, coordinate and manage attendance for meetings
- Prepare correspondence, reports and presentations
- Facilitate a team approach to fundraising throughout the organization
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a donor data base
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on schedule.
The successful candidate must have fundraising experience and possess the following qualifications:
- Post secondary education or an acceptable combination of education and experience - Accreditation as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), or working towards designation is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of direct work experience in an fundraising capacity preferably for a non-profit youth organization (must be able to demonstrate results)
- Fundraising experience – especially in the area of 3rd Party & Events
- AFP membership is an asset
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Clear Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Search must be provided and maintained
- Ability to prepare and deliver face-to-face presentations to potential funders
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal skills to communicate
- Strong customer service orientation
- Broad awareness of other cultures, values, identities and perspectives with a demonstrated ability and interest in working with and for diverse populations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fully literate in Word, Excel, and one or more fundraising data base programs
- Outgoing, inclusive and welcoming in nature
- Resourceful, motivated and energetic.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Work virtually and/or in the office
- Flexibility to attend events outside of normal work hours when required—including evenings and weekends
- Use of own vehicle required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Be able to assist with set up and take down of Special Events.
Please note the successful applicants will have a six month probationary period.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
State “Fundraiser” in the email subject line.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS March 31, 2021
At SBA we are committed to a supportive work environment. Diversity and inclusion is a central part of our culture and we aspire to be a workplace that is respectful to everyone.