- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
PQCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
JOB TITLE: Community Worker JOB #: 2019-0065
Status: September 3, 2019 until June 30, 2020 Hours: 10 hrs/week
Benefits and eligibility: 4% in lieu of vacation; pension option Pay scale: $19.575-23.030/hour
Application deadline: Sunday August 11, 2019 at 12:00am
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE www.pqchc.com
The Community Worker(s) report(s) to the Community House Coordinator and works closely with the Tenant Association and community members in low-income housing communities in PQ’s catchment area. This position provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of collaborative projects aimed at improving the well-being of vulnerable residents within the Pinecrest Queensway and South Nepean Catchment areas. The Community Health Team Manager participates in, and contributes to, PQCHC’s leadership and management teams.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Outreach activities to at-risk adults, children, youth, and their families including identification of needs and interests.
• Develops, implements and facilitates community-based leadership, mentoring and life skills programs and workshops for adults, children and youth that develop the self-confidence of participants, builds social cohesion, and promotes intergenerational dialogue.
• Creates a supportive environment for community members to address barriers they may be experiencing.
• Liaises with pertinent community partners such as the Ottawa Police Service, Tenant Associations, schools, and community members.
• Maintains records for petty cash, program participation forms, crisis interventions/referrals, and program evaluation.
• Participates as an active team member in staff meetings and partner agency meetings as appropriate.
• Supports the Community House Coordinator, program assistants, volunteers, and clients.
• Writes interim as well as final reports.
• Ability to work flexible hours is mandatory; position involves evening and weekend work.
• Degree or diploma in health or social services, child and youth worker program certificate, or equivalent combination of education and 2-3 years relevant experience.
• Training and experience in-group facilitation and leadership development.
• Experience working with high-risk youth, and knowledge of related community resources
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluency in English essential, fluency in Somali or Arabic or French a strong asset, other languages also desirable.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
• Valid First Aid and CPR (level C) required.
• Must be available to work evenings and occasional weekends.
Organization Description not provided