Request For Proposal Youth Peer Support Program
- Job Type
- Job Level
- St. Catharines, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Request for Proposal: Youth Peer Support Program
CASON is currently developing and pivoting its Youth Addiction program to deepen our community reach and serve more clients in need. In support of this work we are developing our Peer Support program for youth. CASON is looking to engage a consultant or consulting firm with extensive experience in working with non-profit organizations to identify best practices, develop the peer program framework, and incorporate evaluation measures. The consultant will help CASON build a framework that measures against the broader objectives of the organization identified in our strategic plan.
Our ideal consultant will have previous experience developing peer support programs and volunteer management expertise. Additional experience in the addiction and youth sector would be preferable. A strong understanding of equitable and inclusive business practices, and/or organizational capacity building is required.
CASON (Community Addiction Services of Niagara) is committed to excellence and collaboration in the provision of a comprehensive client-centered community based service for individuals and families with addiction concerns.
We are a nonprofit, charitable organization that delivers impact across the Niagara Region. Through innovative partnerships, our programs help people with addiction to live healthier lives across a continuum of care. Please see our website www.cason.ca for more information about us.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the hard work, reflection and action required as an organization to effect and sustain change.
The value of peer support work is continually becoming more recognized, such as; improving client connections, providing social support, as well as reducing the burden on the healthcare system. At CASON we acknowledge the importance of fostering relationships as peers and creating a safe and secure support system for all our clients. As youth are a particularly vulnerable population, our goal at CASON is to develop a Peer Support Network with an understanding of oppression, poverty and diversity to support in developing healthy habits and a sense of independence in youths.
Scope of Services Required:
We have a requirement by our funder to have this project completed by March 31, 2021, commencing in late 2020/early 2021.
Our budget to for this project is $10 000 (Inc HST) to complete this work.
We are a medium sized regional team a head office based in St. Catharines. Due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely and do not anticipate any travel requirements for this project.
The project to develop the Peer Support program includes the following specific streams of work:
- Use of the Peer Support Resources in developing program objectives, including; Peer Support Competencies, Peer Support Code of Conduct and Guidelines for the Practice and Training of Peer Support
- Develop peer support protocols, including; frequency/timing of peer support contact, approaches to common challenges/potential situations, guidelines outlining how and when a Peer Support Worker should ask for help, and development of sample scripts for over the phone contact
- Work with the Human Resources Generalist to develop job descriptions for a Peer Support Worker
- Develop position descriptions for volunteers
- Assist in investigating existing or designing a new training program for Peer Support Workers
- Conduct a community assessment, as well as work closely with the Youth Team in an effort to understand the regional priorities and barriers present for this population, while creating inclusive and respectful spaces for all cultures
- Maintaining, allocating and monitoring project budgets, plan and schedules
- Work with Health Promoter to develop strategies for Peer Support Workers in terms of health promotion/education
- Help to develop strategies for facilitating peer support groups
- Undertaking project tasks as needed
- Ensures evidence based, best practices
- Risk research and strategies mitigation for both paid and unpaid peer support workers
- Evaluation piece to show impact, outcome measures, performance indicators
- Identify (if required) a specific system or data management tool that could support the organizational measurement and evaluation as we scale
- Produce a full report of work undertaken and future recommendations, including:
- Identifying potential next steps for CASON in the area of Peer Support
- Any short-term requirements we have as an organization to ensure the effective use of the framework
- How the Peer Support Program should inform and guide program and organizational improvements in the short, medium and long term
All proposals should outline the consultant or firm’s expertise, with examples of how the team has approached similar work in the past and what outcomes they have achieved.
Please ensure proposals address each section of the following:
- A background description of experience and interest in relation to the scope of services outlined above for the members of the project team
- A letter(s) of recommendation
- A proposal of how the firm or individual intends to approach the project in the given timeframe
- A budget breakdown of all costs associated with the services including HST
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your proposal as outlined above, attached in PDF format to: email@example.com