Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Barrie, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position: Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Status: Full Time
Location: 231 Bayview Dr. Suite 201, Barrie, ON L4N 4Y5
Utilizing a client-centred approach, in this dual role the Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant conducts intake/assessments and provides coaching support to develop and implement individualized action plans. The Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant will work with candidates, employers, community partners, and/or trainers to develop strategies that remove barriers, resulting in successful outcomes.
- Completed post-secondary education in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent
- Appropriate certifications, certificates, and/or training relevant to the field
- Certification, or eligibility in one of the following: CVRP, RTWDM, RVP, or CCDP
- Two years related experience
- Employment in case management, counselling, and/or assessment roles
- Collaborative work with community partners, employers, and training providers
- Support to people with disabilities or barriers to employment, including individuals referred from WSIB and/or ODSP programs
- Effective interpersonal, communication, comprehension, and active listening skills
- Interview skills ability to adjust communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style
- Solution-focused coaching skills
- Discuss barriers, employment maintenance issues, and provide honest feedback
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to motivate and empower others through coaching and feedback
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Motivational Interviewing and change facilitation is an asset, internal training provided
- French language is an asset
- Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
- Understanding of careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search techniques, career planning/counselling, and vocational rehabilitation
- Knowledge of community and government resources available
- Knowledge of local, regional, and provincial labour markets
- Ethical decision-making
Hours and Duration: 40 hours per week during hours of operation. Extended hours of operation are required.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Wednesday open until 7:00 pm.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Hourly Rate: Employment Coach pay scale applies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Jonathan Duncan, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include EC – Your Last Name – Barrie in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: March 18, 2021 at noon
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.