- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Economic Development
- Impact Category
- Social Enterprise
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
GrantBook is looking for a talented and highly productive Implementation Specialist to work closely with a host of leading grantmakers across North America. The successful candidate will join GrantBook’s growing team based out of the Centre for Social Innovation (Annex) in Toronto, ON. Ideally, the candidate will be based in Toronto, ON; however, strong candidates based in philanthropic hubs, including the U.S. Northeast, Detroit, Chicago, and the West Coast may also be considered.
To learn more about GrantBook’s expertise, team, services, and philosophy, please refer to our website: www.grantbook.org.
The Implementation Specialist is responsible for researching, recommending and assisting with the implementation of cloud solutions for grants management and related functional areas that meet individual client needs. The role reports to GrantBook’s Director of Client Services and has no direct reports.
- Work closely with project managers to lead the implementation, setup and deployment of cloud solutions for clients
- Test & prototype new cloud solutions to create innovative, lightweight and highly integrated grants management and impact reporting solutions
- Support current-state audits and solution comparisons by gathering and documenting the functional requirements for new grant making systems and processes
- Provide ranked criteria analysis and present consulting recommendations to clients
- Complete data migrations and other data-related support as needed
- Provide ongoing support to existing clients around their grants management and other cloud solutions to ensure they are functioning as intended
- Produce and share client-specific training and documentation, including on-site support, video tutorials, and blog posts around technology best practices and processes
- Monitor technology adoption and provide enhancements as needed
- Provide feedback and help enhance GrantBook’s overall operations
- Support GrantBook’s marketing & sales efforts
- Have fun, work as a team, and "get it done"
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Contribute to service innovation & development
- Share knowledge with team
- 2-3 years of working with the implementation and technology adoption of cloud solutions, ideally in a grantmaking or nonprofit environment
- 2-3 years of data migration and data clean-up experience in a team setting
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions, such as G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Trello, IFTTT and Zapier
- Strong interest in developing an expertise in configuring grants management systems, such as Fluxx, Foundant, FluidReview, FoundationConnect and SmartSimple
- Prior experience and familiarity working with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and relational databases preferred
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Able to translate technical information into plain English
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach
The successful candidate can expect annual compensation in the range of $57,500 - $74,750, including 4 weeks of paid vacation and a comprehensive benefits package. All team members at GrantBook participate equally in the employee bonus pool created from 33% of earnings from the previous year. For more information, view our Careers website.
GrantBook is a leading philanthropy & digital consulting team committed to helping grantmakers adopt a digital mindset to reach their highest potential.
Our mission is to improve the flow of $100 billion in capital to drive catalytic social change. We focus exclusively on grantmakers & affiliate groups, and help them realize the full potential of their strategic mandate, technology systems, and human capacities.
GrantBook has a unique work culture that we are proud of and seek to maintain and grow. We are looking for someone who recognizes our awesomeness and wants to be a part of it. Earlier in our history, we distilled how we build trust, have fun and get work done into three core concepts that remain as critical today as they were then:
- Being Mindful – We aspire to meaningful, respected and profitable work and know that being mindful of individuals and the team is key. We acknowledge what is achievable and realistic today and work to expand our possibilities over time.
- Evidence Trumps Claims – We believe that good decisions come from iteration and debate. When faced with choices, we favour evidence over claims. We seek creative resolutions to challenging questions, look for the strongest business case when faced with difficult decisions and build feedback loops into everything we do.
- Actions Speaks Louder Than Words – We place a high value on moving from words to action in a timely manner. It’s through our actions that the magical moments are created.