Business Development Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for establishing a sales process (eventually building a team) for the Impact Investment team at World Vision Canada. This role will work to build and steward relationships with high net worth individuals, corporations, foundations, and other partners that will fuel our ground-breaking work.
- Create a business development plan that will dramatically grow our capital base. We seek to raise not just philanthropic capital but also investment capital and even social and intellectual capital.
- Build relationships with high value individuals, corporations, foundations, and centres of influence (e.g. financial advisors, lawyers, accountants).
- Carefully nurture relationships with our existing supporters and ensure they remain engaged/informed about our work.
- Customize solutions that meet the needs and desires of our supporters while driving value to the impact investment team.
- Develop and manage timelines for various networking/fundraising/investment activities and events.
- Create and attend networking opportunities that will grow and deepen World Vision Canada’s relationships with existing and prospective investors/donors.
- Travel domestically (for capital raising purposes) and occasionally internationally (to conferences and field visits to see our work).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in outbound sales, preferably in the investment/financial services industry.
- Experience building and managing a sales team.
- You are comfortable working in a start-up environment and forging new ground. You’re comfortable trailblazing.
- You have a positive attitude and are outgoing, empathetic, intensely curious, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- You have a working knowledge of the Canadian investment landscape and hold the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) designation or in the process of completion.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Familiar with federal and provincial legislations affecting charities.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.