Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF-Canada connects the power of a strong global network to on-the-ground conservation efforts across the nation with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife by working toward:
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature
The Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration (“SVP”) develops and sets WWF-Canada’s financial vision to ensure WWF-Canada strategically grows to meet the needs of the organization’s conservation and business goals.
The WWF-Canada SVP is a revenue savvy entrepreneur that focuses on identifying, leveraging, and securing opportunities that support a sustainable financial architecture upon which WWF-Canada will explore new impact and revenue generating activities. The SVP also helps establish meaningful connections with the private sector through the language of business to achieve common conservation, sustainability, and WWF-Canada’s strategic plan goals.
The SVP works closely with the fundraising, marketing and communications teams to create long-term adaptable revenue and budgeting strategies to forecast possible future financial scenarios in an ever-changing and dynamic economic climate. Consequently, the SVP drives WWF-Canada’s planning and budgeting process efficiently and pragmatically, ensuring strategic models, analysis, and sound advice to guide executive decisions.
This multi-dimensional leader will demonstrate a leadership style with the ability to coach and motivate the team while also being able to implement plans to achieve the organization’s goals. The SVP is creative, team-oriented, and driven for results with a keen eye for return on investment. The person in this role must understand how the various functions at WWF-Canada support and enable conservation and can articulate WWF-Canada’s conservation work in a compelling way.
A versatile financial storyteller, requiring a developed understanding of WWF-Canada’s conservation work, the SVP conveys WWF-Canada’s financial narrative to broad audiences, including the Board of Directors, donors and funders, and private sector leaders, that compels them to join WWF-Canada for change.
- With deep understanding of WWF-Canada’s conservation work, build and execute WWF-Canada’s three-year financial strategy to align with the organization’s three-year strategy and goals and dovetails seamlessly into WWF-Canada’s 10 strategic objectives.
- Develop WWF’s long-term financial vision and strategy with various realistic financial scenarios for exponential growth
- Lead responsible financial management and stewardship for multiple strategic priorities, including risk management, compliance, and overall corporate governance
- Accountable for the financial activities of the organization, monitoring and balancing restricted and unrestricted funds, allocating financial resources, reporting of financial information, such as management and regulatory reporting, and donor receipting
- Instill financial discipline through cost controls, business case analysis, and analytics-driven revenue opportunities
- Accountable to the audit committee for the preparation, presentation, and facilitation of financial information and financial decision-making
- Work closely with the senior management team to provide organizational leadership that supports achievement of WWF-Canada’s strategic plan goals, including fundraising and investments in technology
- Work with leadership teams to foster collaboration among all staff and maximize interdepartmental opportunities and efficiencies for enhanced quality of deliverables
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability that strikes the right balance between the need for consultation, communication, decision-making, and follow-through on execution
- Steer to continuously improve a 6-month rolling operational and financial planning process
- Identify and seek opportunities for collaboration amongst other non-profit organizations and the private sector
- Communicate WWF-Canada’s financial story to various internal and external audiences
- Coach, develop, and inspire a diverse finance and administration team
- Lead a transformational team to continuously implement process improvements to enhance, simplify, and streamline financial and management reporting processes, reducing lead-time, and increasing accuracy, and reducing environmental footprint
- Advocate people to join WWF-Canada for change by getting involved with WWF-Canada
This role requires 10+ years of experience, with managerial experience and exposure to the non-profit industry. Suitable candidates are energetic, visionary, hands-on individuals with a start-up mindset.
The successful candidate must have:
- Designation – CPA, CA, CFA, CIA, and/or MBA
- 10+ years of financial and leadership experience
- Experience in Conservation, NGO’s, or related industries is an asset
- History of established networks made through meaningful connections to align industry/community leaders with the strategic initiatives of organizations.
- Proven results in leading growing organizations to achieve ambitious targets
- Demonstrated ability to secure funding or financing for initiatives
- Exceptional analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills with a demonstrated ability to engage, influence, and negotiate.
- Expert knowledge of overseeing controls with internal/external audit experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and basic non-profit accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with Canadian privacy legislation
- Commitment to conservation and sustainability
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before January 8, 2021, 5 p.m. EST. Note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified, therefore we encourage you to apply early.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application through our preferred online portal. Please submit your application using one method only. You can submit your cover letter and resume by visiting https://wwf.ca/careers.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.