Director Human Resources
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa K1R 6G6, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Director’s leadership and management functions include supporting both strategy and operations across the Diocese, their five Community Ministries, and their parishes. This includes technology adoption, talent management, and employee relations. In this role of influence in the Diocese, driving change and providing direction in all aspects of human resource programs, services, culture, and workplace will be required. A priority area will be ensuring that policies and procedures are current and reflect the organization’s needs. As a key influencer, you will have an opportunity to share your ideas and work closely with people who appreciate the difference they make in the lives of the members of the church. To be successful, you must be able to balance serving ongoing staff needs, mentor leaders in the art of people leadership, and build partnerships with members of clergy.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and sensibilities:
- The ability to understand the urgency of task completion, deadlines, and the need to communicate in a manner which instills confidence and caring.
- Be very client service-oriented, well-organized and flexible.
- Possess a high energy level and an ability to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Be an excellent multitasker, with time-management skills, and an ability to negotiate relative work priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Optimism and empathy sprinkled with a strong sense of compassion for people.
- Have a Master’s Degree, accompanied by over 10 years in a similar role progressively overseeing human resources operations in a not-for-profit environment. Good understanding of employment legislation and regulations.
- Proficiency with technology in particular with HRM systems and Microsoft Office. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is considered an asset.
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity.
We thank all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Anglican Diocese of Ottawa is committed to promoting a workplace culture of inclusion, openness and respect for all people. We offer a workplace that recognizes the importance of work-life balance, along with an excellent pension and employee benefit plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking individuals including members of visible minorities, people of First Nations Inuit and Metis. Please inform us if you require accommodation for any interview to which you are invited.