Sr. Manager Community Investment/Executive Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, External Affairs and Sustainability, the Sr. Manager of Community Investment is responsible for the leadership for all of the community investment programs in Canada. This leader will be responsible for a dedicated team that will lead the strategic growth and stewardship of The Home Depot Canada Foundation with the goal of preventing and ending youth homelessness along with Team Depot, HD’s volunteer program, The Homer Fund HD’s associate support program and any disaster relief support for our store communities.
This leader will provide leadership, vision and fundraising strategies to enable the Foundation to exceed it’s targets. As a strong storyteller this leader will build strong relationships and work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders to achieve the company’s community investment goals.
- Creates and implements a strategic vision and resource development plans to advance a $10M+ combined portfolio of community investments for the organization.
- Works collaboratively with the Foundation Board and key stakeholders to drive creative funding growth strategies along with investment measurement strategies to achieve the Foundation’s goals.
- Accountable to guide the Foundation Board’s operations and provide support to board members to ensure CRA, company, legal and administration compliances are exceeded.
- Responsible for building strategic donor, charitable & other stakeholders partnerships that support the community investments vision and strategy.
- Leads communication content development to ensure a compelling brand story and organizational vision with all stakeholders.
- Accountable for the development and execution of the Team Depot volunteer program throughout the organization.
- Accountable for providing the guidance, direction, leadership and necessary support for the Homer Fund.
- First to lead any community disaster relief requirements in conjunction with a key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the national corporate giving strategy, including charitable partnerships, grant programs, employee and in-kind giving.
- Responsible for overseeing funding development strategies and activities with all key stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and negotiating grant agreements with non-profit partners.
- Develop, coach and motivate a high performing team to exceed their annual community investment goals.
- Accountable to ensure that policies, programs and practices are based on a process that includes ongoing assessment of community needs, alignment with Company business imperatives and impact on corporate reputation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent degree in related field
- Additional certifications in not-for-profit, corporate social responsibility and fundraising an asset
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a related field
- Proven success in developing and leading fundraising programs that generate on average $1.5M per event.
- Strong values fit with the organization and Foundation mission demonstrated through professional or community involvement
- Ability to inspire a donor-centric philosophy and approach using a customer first approach
- Solid understanding of strategic community investment programs, practices and principles, and non-profit management
- Experience with grant making and donor management software
- Excellent strategic planning, organizational, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, balance continuous demands, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to build relationships and facilitate deliverables with senior executives, associates at all levels, volunteers, community partners and donors
- Solid understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines
- Able to build, manage and monitor a budget
- Bilingual – English and French is a definite asset
Stores and Products
The Home Depot Canada operates 182 stores in convenient locations across Canada. Stores average more than 100,000 square feet, with approximately 20,000 square feet of outdoor seasonal space. Stores stock as many as 40,000 home improvement products, tailored to the communities they serve.
About The Home Depot Canada
The Home Depot caters to do-it-yourselfers, as well as home improvement, construction and building maintenance professionals.
Installation Services – Many customers choose to have qualified professionals complete home renovation projects for them. The Home Depot Canada offers installation services through pre-screened independent contractors for a wide range of products.
Pro & Tool Rental – The Home Depot Canada's stores offer professional customers, including repair and remodel contractors, special services and support to make them more successful on the job site. These services include a contractor loyalty program (Pro Xtra) and an on-site tool rental department.
The Home Depot is publicly traded (NYSE-HD) and is included in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and the Dow Jones 30 Industrial Index.