Resource Development Officer
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Brampton, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Regeneration Outreach Community is a community of caring persons who, as an expression of Christian love in action, are continually striving to provide dignity to the lives of all those in need. We operate seven days a week bringing healing, personal growth and spiritual awareness to those in need within a safe and caring environment.
Our Resource Development Officer will be responsible for fundraising including fundraising events, donor communications, and volunteer management for any fundraising-related volunteer involvements. The Resource Development Officer will also act as a spokesperson for Regeneration and its constituents.
This position is responsible for building up all areas of fund development and donor communications. The Resource Development Officer will lead in raising funds today but also will grow the development team and the development program to ensure emerging needs are met.
The role will begin as a contract position with the potential to become permanent as funding and circumstances allow.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about fundraising as a force to transform the lives of the people served by Regeneration Outreach Community. As well, the individual:
- is entrepreneurial, and self-starting
- is eager to be part of a team, is flexible, collaborative, approachable and operates with a commitment to the success of their colleagues
- expects to take responsibility for their department and the Development program
- demonstrates sound planning and execution, disciplined measurement and evaluation.
The Resource Development Officer must also demonstrate a fundamental respect for our guests, an authentic commitment to their well-being and a willingness to enter into the life of our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates strategy and maintains a written annual fundraising plan for a broad range of fundraising channels and initiatives appropriate for and relevant to Regeneration
- Directs and manages the execution of that plan, appropriately involving the CEO, other staff, member of the Board and volunteers
- Leads major gift strategy and preparation in consultation with CEO; makes calls on major donors and prepares the CEO for making major gift calls.
- Monitors environment and reports to the CEO on matters affecting fundraising
- Plans, directs and manages donor communications of all kinds
- Ensures provision of responsive and appropriate Donor services
- Ensures that development activity reflects the organization’s values, mission, vision
- Promotes the creation of an authentic philanthropic culture within Regeneration Outreach
- Other Responsibilities
- Keeps informed of new developments in marketing, philanthropy, management, and the non-profit sector; informs the CEO in order to facilitate policy making. Recommends policy positions concerning development.
- At discretion of the CEO, may attend Board meetings, and as requested by the CEO, reports regarding fundraising and promotion issues.
- As with other senior staff, acts as spokesperson, representing Regeneration at speaking engagements, promotional events and other opportunities, selected in consultation with the CEO
- Provides leadership within Regeneration on privacy issues.
- Works closely with staff Directors to ensure the coordination of the activities and requirements of own department with those of other departments.
- Prepares and presents written reports, participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management as the development program grows,
- Ensures the hiring, orientation and training of development staff and oversees their day-to-day schedules and work
- Ensures department is adequately supported with external suppliers as needed
- Establishes accountabilities for direct reports and evaluates performance regularly.
- Leads in setting benchmarks and performance measures within the development program including credible measures of return-on-investment for the department
- Monitors, evaluates and modifies development processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Participates in the building the development budget. Monitors expenditures against the budget and adapts as needed, identifying issues to the CEO in a timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy and security of donor data, and effective management reporting by the development function to the CEO
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards, and ensures compliance with code of ethics.
- BA in public relations, marketing and/or fundraising or equivalent
- Employment showing progressively more responsible position.
- Advanced understanding of the motivations of donors, and dynamics affecting donations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of
- contemporary multi-faceted fundraising
- different sources of donation revenue and their roles,
- how each is planned and executed
- donor-oriented communications
- Advanced communication skills to interpret Regeneration in compelling ways to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge to formulate policy and procedures and develop and implement strategies.
- Ability to multi-task and to deal with many interruptions and critical deadlines
- Proficient in common office productivity software such as MS Office and/or Google Apps for business
- Experience in management of donor management databases including customized report generation
Demonstrated experience in
- creating and/or managing a multi-faceted development program with direct responsibility for generating donations
- creating effective donor communications and managing donor relations with beneficial impact on revenue
- CFRE (Certifies Fund Raising Executive) certification and membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) are assets.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers
- Experience working with an organization serving marginalized and disadvantaged populations
- Flexible schedule to accommodate events, weekend and evening meetings and management duties that arise.
This position is a member of the senior staff team, reporting to the CEO, and working very closely with the entire Regeneration Outreach team.