- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Location: Vancouver, BC
Terms: One-year employment contract (possible extension)
Application deadline: March 5, 2021
Start date: March 22, 2021
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 p/year based on experience, plus 12.5 % in lieu of benefits.
For over 20 years, the Washington Community Market (Market) has been providing residents of the Downtown Eastside (DTES) with affordable groceries. Customers enjoy a welcoming and inclusive shopping experience. As a social enterprise, the Market provides employment opportunities to those facing barriers helping them to find success in the workforce and improve their lives. The Market is a DTES community true community asset and an essential part of the food landscape.
Growth and expansion are on the horizon for the Market! The Market needs an experienced grocer to lead the team and its day-to-day operations as it embarks on this new, exciting chapter. You’ll bring industry experience, care and resourcefulness to this position. To thrive in the role, you’ll need to be community-minded, motivated by helping others, and have the ability to bring sound operational practices to the Market.
- Oversee all store operations based on established operating principles
- Oversee, recruit, assist, and supervise all staff and their performance
- Provide a model of supportive leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
- Ensure product mix and inventory levels are appropriately maintained, affordability, increase sales and control inventory.
- Maintain safety and security of the store
- Ensure compliance with government regulations related to convenience/food store operation
- Develop customer relationship with local community/health groups, health authorities and other parties
- Minimum three years of retail grocery management experience.
- Experience with cash management and financial reporting
- Experience supervising staff, hiring, training and evaluating performance
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- A driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Looking for a rewarding, impactful full-time position and are settled into your career path
- Interested in playing a pivotal role in a unique and evolving company
- A doer who takes initiative, a great time manager and self-disciplined
- Comfortable working in the Downtown Eastside
Please submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail only to email@example.com
The Washington Community Market is a Community Impact Real Estate Society (CIRES) initiative. CIRES is an equal opportunity employer and we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Only those invited for an interview will be notified. No phone calls, please.