- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Enterprise
- Company Type
About this position
You’ll be part of the operations team, making sure the ship is running smoothly. You’ll report directly to the Executive Director, but will have occasion to work with everyone on staff. This is a new role, and the right person will influence its shape and potentially grow with it. Here are some things we expect you’d be part of from the beginning.
- Facilitate and document weekly staff meetings
- Transcribe, when necessary
- Research and data entry
- Work with Managing Director to maintain and improve HR and finance systems and processes
- Contribute to quarterly iterations of staff handbook, policies, and guides
- Contribute to onboarding and offboarding staff
- Work with Managing Director to improve our information management practices
- Ensure the office is appropriately appointed and maintained
The successful candidate will
- Be a voracious learner
- Be capable of juggling lots of balls, and not afraid to learn from the times they fall
- Have an extraordinary attention to detail
- Be adaptable, open-minded, and committed to a team’s success
- This position could be full or part-time (3-5 days per week), pending the preference and skillset of the successful candidate.
- The successful candidate will receive an annual salary of $45,000 (full time)
- Fluency in French is not required, but it is an asset.
Code for Canada is a national civic tech nonprofit. Founded in 2017 based on inspiration from Code for America, Code for Australia, Code for Canada works to connect government innovators with the tech and design communities to harness the power of digital. We run programs at national and local scales, including the fellowship, civic tech community network, GRIT Toronto, and Civic Hall Toronto.