Manager, Employment Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
About Project Work
OUR MISSION: Project Work helps persons with intellectual disabilities achieve and keep meaningful employment to build inclusive workplaces and thriving communities in the GTA.
Since its inception in 1986, Project Work, a non-profit community-based agency, has been a recognized leader in integrating people with intellectual disabilities into the competitive workforce. Project Work provides comprehensive pre-employment skills training delivered with extensive one-on-one job coaching, job development and retention supports through a variety of employment programs. Working in tandem with employers, Project Work is committed to driving labour market inclusion and access for a neurodiverse workforce.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Manager of Employment Services provides management, mentorship and direction to the employment services team for the purpose of facilitating job seeker needs towards their goal of obtaining and maintaining competitive employment. The Manager is responsible for the operational success of Project Work’s employment programs, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery/design and quality control and evaluation. Responsibilities include:
- Manage daily activities of service delivery staff including recruitment, orientation, coaching/mentoring, performance management, and professional development needs.
- Develop and implement program department plans in line with the organizational strategic plan and to meet government/funder contractual requirements.
- Manage the operating budget for the program and prepare statistical reports for management and funders as required.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with community partners, and other stakeholders to enhance service delivery and program outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with employers to create sustainable and meaningful employment opportunities for PW job seekers.
- Prepare funding proposals to maintain and/or expand programs and act as a department liaison with funders.
- Provide on-going program evaluation to ensure service delivery standards are met or exceeded and support continuous quality improvement for programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Career Counselling, Social Work, Human Resources or related post-secondary training, and optimally 5 years of management experience or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Proven ability to implement and meet performance management standards, create procedures and processes for business model improvements and meet outcomes and expectations of funded program agreements.
- Experience managing programs in an outcome-based funding model (experience with Employment Ontario and/or ODSP- Employment Supports an asset)
- Experience administering program budgets and associated financial reporting.
- Exceptional organizational, planning and time management skills, and ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Commitment to fostering equity, diversity and inclusion internally and within the community.
- In-depth knowledge of community/ business services, local networks, local labour market trends, and programs /services that relate to the employment needs of individuals with disabilities and employers in the GTA and Toronto
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with proven staff management skills.
- Commitment to excellence in innovation and to working within a team environment and resolving client concerns.
- Knowledge and applied understanding of employment services field as it relates to people with barriers to employment, experience with disabilities an asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including database and case management tool experien (CaMS, Salesforce experience an asset).
- Proven track record of building and maintaining effective partnerships in the community.
Adaptable and open to continuous learning
Collaborative and solution-focused