Research Assistant (5-month project based professional services agreement)
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Research Assistant (Short term project based professional services agreement); Annual Client Satisfaction Survey
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO) is an expert in the field of spinal cord injury. Our core service areas include Employment Services, Regional Services and the Peer Program.
Each year SCIO executes a Client Satisfaction survey to better understand how satisfied our clients are with our services and how we can improve. This project will run from mid/end of January through early May 2023.
Scope of Project:
• Each core service area’s questionnaire is sent to current and former clients of that program based on service hours criteria. The questionnaire structure is very similar and departs only on the unique program metrics collected.
• Though we will endeavor to have many of the questionnaires completed through Simple Survey, we also offer clients the opportunity to complete the survey over the phone or via postal mail.
• The primary responsibility of the research assistant is not only to manage the project but also to conduct data collection, analysis and development of the final report.
• Details of the requirements include:
• Deploy the three surveys from Simple Survey platform for email completion
• Conduct telephone survey interviews for the body of clients not providing emails or who prefer to be contacted via telephone. The questionnaires will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and consist of closed choice ratings questions plus three to five open ended questions. Enter data into Simple Survey tools.
• Analysis of final data from all sources (emails and interviews) using Systat and Excel tools.
• Theming open ended responses.
• Creation of final report based on current presentation structure. This report consists of one organization wide report as well as three individual service-based reports.
• Create an accurate log of all calls made to clients with appropriate outcomes in a spreadsheet – outgoing calls, surveys completed, follow-ups and survey entry.
• Completion of approximately 200 telephone-based questionnaires with clients.
• Manage the project overall to ensure deadlines are met.
Skills: The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in research preferably related to the community health sector
• Experience deploying surveys through Simple Survey (preferred) or Survey Monkey.
• Experience with data analysis using SPSS or Systat.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a high level of tact and diplomacy when communicating with people with disabilities.
• Highly professional telephone etiquette.
• Attention to detail and accuracy (note taking).
• Experience with Survey Tools (Simple Survey/Survey Monkey) data entry, collection and extraction.
• Experience with high level data analytics and text analysis methods; familiarity with the NVivo tool an asset.
• Comfortable with MS office products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours – evenings and weekend calls needed to reach clients who are not home during business hours.
• Bilingual, written and verbal communication in French preferred.
Timeframe: The work of the research assistant must be completed by May 8, 2023. The phone questionnaire completion must be done within an 8-week timeframe from launch (February to March 2023).
Hourly rate: $28 (not exceed $10k for the entire project)
Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on December 7, 2022.