Director, Individual Giving
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Kingston, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
United Way Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington is an established fundraising and impact organization in Eastern Ontario raising over $3.5 Million annually. Led by volunteers, with a small professional staff team, the United Way raises funds and invests them locally for maximum impact. This is possible because of generous donors, volunteers, partners, and supporters. United Way KFL&A is recognized by Charity Intelligence on their top 100 Rated Charities list for 2020.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Relationship builder who uses active listening to take feedback from volunteers, other staff, donors, and key stakeholders to create and implement strategy.
- An experienced, mission-focused, strategic, and process-minded doer, who enjoys working with others, is adept at implementing fundraising strategies related to planned giving, affinity groups, individual grants, foundation and corporate giving, donor and volunteer stewardship strategies and communications.
- A mature fundraising executive who excels at coaching, collaborating, providing guidance to volunteers, with a minimum of five years’ experience and proven success in fundraising, business development, sponsorship, sales, or marketing, working with diverse populations.
- An innovative thinker with a positive attitude, who is solution focused and capable of creating a world class donor experience, facilitating long-term relationships between the donor and UW KFLA.
- Diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, preferably in Business Administration, Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent education and experience
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability; sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; a succinct and accurate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
The United Way is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Allen Prowse at:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PALMER & ASSOCIATES
“EXECUTIVE SEARCH PROFESSIONALS”
Venture Business Centre
556 O’Connor Dr. Kingston, ON K7P 1N3