Donor Relations Associate
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Careers that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following full-time, contract position: Donor Relations Associate (12-month contract)
Focused on providing outstanding customer service, the Donor Relations Associate (DRA) will represent CCFC as the first point of contact in most interactions including inbound/outbound telephone calls, emails and other correspondence with a view to retain existing donors; acquiring donors and increasing donor giving through fundraising/upselling, where appropriate and possible. The DRA is also responsible for enhancing and enriching the relationships between donors and CCFC, this may include sending personalized correspondence, phone follow-up and emails. Through active listening and call management skills s/he must be equipped to manage calls that may be difficult or sensitive in nature. The position will also support the Donor Relations Specialists as necessary, which may include web inquiries and additional correspondence. This position will also provide support for reception, as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in related discipline
- 3 years’ front line customer service experience in a demanding inbound/outbound call centre with an understanding and ability to influence donor giving decisions, including ability to retain and cross-sell as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; knowledge of customer service best practices with a ‘donor first’ and a “one and done” approach to meeting demands
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and interpersonal skills
- Business writing skills; ability to draft/edit correspondence
- Experience in complaint management
- Demonstrated experience researching problems, resolving issues and communicating solutions
- Computer skills – accurate and fast keyboarding skills (min. 55 words per minute); intermediate MS Word, basic Excel and Outlook; aptitude to learn new technology knowledge of databases
- Ability to troubleshoot website and other technology issues
- Exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy in donor interactions
- Familiarity with a VOIP phone system
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new system procedures as they are introduced;
- Ability to work overtime and flexible daytime hours as required
- Some knowledge of international development an asset
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset
- Commitment to CCFC's Vision, Mission and Values
Respond to Inbound Donor Requests and Inquiries by Phone (60%)
- Process all gifts, donations, information updates, change requests and information requests coming in to CCFC from donors. This includes setting up new donor records, processing gifts and generating the appropriate correspondence, including acknowledgement letters, sponsor welcome packages, etc.
- Achieve departmental SLA’s as outlined by the Manager.
- Obtain missing information from donors, as required.
- Adhere to quality assurance programs for call management, correspondence and data accuracy.
- Respond to all donor requests, and address all donor interactions with a view to providing best in class customer service and increasing donor retention rates as well as cross-selling where appropriate based on KPIs outlined on the yearly goals.
- Pro-actively problem-solve donor concerns with the willingness to meet both donor needs and CCFC business requirements while exceeding expectations. This includes the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues, working with the donor to identify issues including technical/website/donor portal issues. Correct information, reset donor portal passwords, and alert IT and follow through to ensure technical issues are resolved. Impact donor retention by ensuring donors are offered alternatives to cancellation and identify opportunities for donor retention based on KPIs outlined on the yearly goals.
- Ensure interactions are recorded and accurate in all donor accounts for any interaction with a donor (whether phone, email, and other correspondence). This includes recording remittance of payments, income tax receipts, and appeals.
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of all CCFC Business Rules and follow accordingly. This includes policies and procedures such as, but not limited to: major gifts; response times for various activities; records retention; tax receipts; joint giving; gift acceptance; etc.
- Upon discovery of errors, process appropriate adjusting entries per CCFC business rules and/or escalate as appropriate.
- As required provide donor income tax receipts per donor preference and within CCFC business rules and CRA requirements.
- Assist DRSs with correspondence, email, web, social media inquiries and returned mail, when required.
- Follow up on child inquiries
- Provide donor child inquiry responses by phone.
- Record interaction in SMART.
Perform Outbound Calls for donor engagement and acquisition (30%)
- Completed outbound calling as assigned by Manager. This may include Door 2 Door pre-calls, Welcome calls, Del calls, etc.
- Any other outbound calls as assigned within recorded SLAs.
- Be fully cross-trained and perform competently all donor relations tasks and provide back-up to other team members including Reception.
- Review processes and recommend improvements/changes to Manager or Trainer as appropriate.
- Comply with all CCFC policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned
This contract position is eligible for competitive paid time-off benefits and a group benefits plan, including health/dental, EAP and life insurance.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills and interest for the Donor Relations Associate position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by visiting the Careers page of our website and clicking on the “Apply Now” button in the following job posting to submit your résumé, covering letter and gross salary expectations: https://ccfcanada.secure.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a1j5A000004oq7uQAA
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided