Philanthropy Associate, Corporate Partnerships
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Full time, permanent
What we do
At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we’re on a quest to ensure every kid in the province receives the best health care imaginable. As a fundraising organization, we inspire communities and people to support BC Children’s Hospital, along with its world-class research institute, mental health facility and rehabilitation centre.
Our work makes a profound difference. From helping get the boldest research ideas off the ground to supporting the most advanced equipment, together we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in children’s health care. This is no small task—which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help propel our mission forward.
What you’ll do
The Philanthropy Associate is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate donor accounts for key industry sectors. Reporting to a Philanthropy Officer, your major areas of responsibility will include:
- Accountability for building and maintaining relationships with existing corporate portfolio donors and volunteers and responsibility for the overall fundraising success of designated portfolio
- Collaboration with other staff to identify, cultivate, and solicit new and existing donors.
- With oversight from the Philanthropy Officer, develop and execute tailored fundraising strategies, including developing fundraising goals, plans and timelines in order to achieve the fundraising targets for assigned portfolio.
- Working closely with volunteer leaders from assigned industries, including managing an industry volunteer committee
- Formulating engaging proposals, letters, and stewardship reports to engage donors in our cause; this role would also be responsible for presenting to corporate donors.
- Collaborating with Marketing & Communications to create collateral to engage existing and new corporate donors.
- Collaborating with Donor Relations to ensure donors are properly recognized for their contributions to BCCH through stewardship reporting and recognition strategies.
- Database and records maintenance to support the success of the team.
What you bring
You are an ambitious go-getter with a “how can I make it happen” attitude who excels in building strong relationships, both internally and externally. Your exceptional written communication skills will allow you to formulate proposals, letters and various materials to support the success of the fundraising targets and your creative flair will allow you to excel in developing fundraising programs and strategies. Your superb organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills are critical to the role. You are patient, analytical, methodical and love to solve problems. You have a professional manner and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people.
In addition, you will bring:
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or an Associate Certificate in Fundraising.
- Minimum three years of direct fundraising experience.
- Professional presentation skills and demeanor.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience working with volunteer committees.
- A positive outlook and self-starter with inspirational vision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Raiser’s Edge 7 or other database experience is an asset.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to attend a variety of donor meetings and/or off-site events.
- A flexible schedule that allows for after-hours events and meetings.
We believe that anything is possible. And that permeates every action we take. As a team, we push ourselves to constantly aim higher in our work. We try new things and challenge the status quo. We respect each other and act from a place of compassion in everything we do.
While we take our work seriously, we’re also big on taking care of our team. We offer perks like a nine-day fortnight schedule and flexible hours, topnotch health and dental benefits, and a commitment to professional development.
We think it’s a pretty amazing place. Others agree—we’re proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for ten years in a row.
Seem like the right place for you? Join us and help kids shine. Apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careers by May 1, 2019.
Organization Description not provided