Member & Unit Support Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a Member & Unit Support Coordinator-BC
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19.
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Team Lead, Member & Unit Support, you will lead the implementation of unit support procedures and provide regular member support utilizing evolving best practices. This role supports local member service delivery in British Columbia and works in collaboration with staff and volunteers to create a seamless membership experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of unit support procedures in British Columbia, including setting up and closing units, securing unit space, ensuring unit readiness, and establishing and monitoring unit capacity, following established best practices.
- In coordination with the Specialist, Member Services Projects, support the Unit Guider Renewal process, liaising with senior volunteers where required, and completing data entry.
- In coordination with the Membership Screening Team and volunteers, support the efficient placement of new adult members (Unit Guiders) in units.
- Respond to inquiries and provide solutions that support efficient organizational operations and ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Provide ongoing unit support, including record keeping, form management, database maintenance, quality assurance and unit rosters.
- Provide subject matter expertise on local membership opportunities and challenges, working very closely with volunteers in the delivery of local member and unit support.
- Provide support to units in researching and contacting meeting space venues, as required.
- Support membership procedures, being the point-person for nationally developed and locally executed processes.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the membership database (iMIS) to access information and generate reports.
- Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently, and with a team across the country.
- Experience in building strong relationships with volunteers.
- Understands how to apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to member processes, member communication and member support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Experience working with a membership database (iMIS an asset).
- Worked in the not-for-profit sector, additional asset if in a youth-serving organization or an organization focused on gender equality.
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding.
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit sector.
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada).
If this sounds like you, apply today! Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) to:
Leeanne Federico – Employee Experience Specialist HR@girlguides.ca
This position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.