Manager, Marketing and Communications (Temporary)
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Reporting to the Director, Entrepreneurship & Changemaking, the Manager, Marketing and Communications, is responsible for increasing the visibility of the work within EDGE (Entrepreneurship Discovery & Growth Engine), growing the community of entrepreneurs and changemakers, and supporting relationships internal and external to the College that enrich EDGE’s service delivery and reputation.
In order to further EDGE’s impact, the incumbent takes a strategic role by developing marketing and communication strategies to support its position in the start-up ecosystem, managing the EDGE story and how it is communicated, and guiding the creation of marketing and communications materials.
If you’re interested in showcasing your strengths as a marketer and communications professional, while helping to realize the vision of EDGE as a hub for impact entrepreneurship, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll be Doing
- Collaborating with the EDGE team to develop a powerful story and enhance EDGE’s visibility within the Peel/Halton community and within the start-up ecosystem;
- Developing marketing and communications strategy and provide guidance to the marketing team on message development and delivery;
- Implementing and coordinating marketing and communications activities, including digital marketing (blog, e-newsletters, social media management, website copy and design, creating marketing material), public relations (writing announcements, press releases, collaborating with Sheridan media relations) and other traditional marketing activities;
- Driving new leads for program participants, partnership and/or other opportunities to improve the positioning of EDGE within the start-up space in Peel/Halton;
- Supporting start-up founders by tracking their wins, showcasing their successes across various channels and elevating their profile as entrepreneurs and changemakers; opportunities to mentor and support start-ups to advance their venture development;
- Leading the development and enhancement of internal processes to support marketing and communications and ensure a high standard of quality, error-free deliverables;
- Integrating and adopting strong practices for ongoing monitoring and evaluation of strategic objectives and initiatives including tracking, analyzing and reporting on campaigns and overall strategy;
- Integrating marketing into a function that supports both organizational and business development objectives;
- Providing leadership and direction to the team;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Your creativity allows you to use your imagination to solve challenges and you invite new ways of thinking to help advance organizational goals. Through your excellent writing and communication skills you value the power of story telling and can identify how to best connect with diverse audiences and elevate the brand experience.
You are a highly collaborative member of the team with the ability to work with others and support establishing and achieving collective goals.
You value participating in and creating safe, brave and inclusive environments at work and in the community and want to be a part of a culture where we strive to take actions to ensure no one is left behind.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business or a related field of study
- 5 years of experience in digital marketing, marketing, communications, advertising, business or related profession (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- 2 years working in a leadership capacity
- Experience managing a team of volunteers, students and/or external resources
- Demonstrated success in building brands and sustaining organizational reputation
- Highly proficient in MS Office, WordPress, managing multiple WordPress plugins, Adobe, HootSuite, social channels, Google analytics
- Portfolio that showcases work and experience in strategic communications and marketing with an emphasis on excellent writing and communication skills (e.g. writing samples, creative briefs, strategic plans, campaign or project case studies)
For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan and edge.sheridancollege.ca
Campus Location: Hazel McCallion Campus (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference #: 20/A/38
Employee Group: Administrative
Hiring Range: $85,631 - $90,983
Application Deadline: August 16, 2020
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue up until March 31, 2021 with the possibility for extension.
Sheridan is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups, particularly members of BIPOC communities. Persons with a disability may contact the Human Resources department to request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.
At Sheridan, we are passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our graduates enjoy a well-deserved reputation for their ability to succeed in the workplace from day one. This is a testament to Sheridan's dedicated and caring faculty and staff, who have strong ties to industry and ensure our students have hands-on learning experiences and the best possible preparation for their future careers. We're building a new, groundbreaking model of higher education — one that prepares graduates with the hard and soft skills to navigate change in a complex world. As a member of the Sheridan community, you will have the opportunity to shape our teaching and learning experience and help prepare the future leaders of tomorrow.