Parent Adolescent Counselling Program (PAC-P) Family Worker
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children; youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Parent Adolescent Counselling Program (PAC-P) Family Worker to join our dynamic team. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving youth and families, have superior interpersonal and open communication skills, and are vibrant, flexible, and compassionate!
In this Temporary Full-time (8-month contract) Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
· Conduct in-home and community visits to assess presenting problems, assist youth in achieving goals related to family, school, mental health issues, safety, independence skills and social skills
· Devise and deliver in-home and community-based treatment and intervention plans in conjunction with the client, including strength based assessments and clinical formulation, development of treatment plans and interventions based on a solution-focused model
· Coordinate and facilitate parent/caregiver groups
· Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
· Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work and weekend work will be required
· Regularly transport clients in own vehicle as required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp on or before April 1, 2019.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work and/or post-secondary degree with several years’ experience within the mental health sector specifically working with youth/multi-need clients and maintaining a family counselling caseload
· Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act
· Experience and working knowledge of adolescent development, youth engagement strategies for a marginalized population, Case Management, Family-focused intervention using a goal-focused, strength-based approach, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and a harm reduction approach
· Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
· Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,000 - $55,000 per annum
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor
Organization Description not provided