Residential Support Worker - W
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER - W
1 Full Time Permanent Position
This position will provide a range of assistance and supports to consumers living with mental illnesses in a LOFT residence or independently in the community. The Residential Support worker provides support to the consumer to increase their independence, dignity and self-respect, in a safe and secure environment. The Residential Support Worker will be supporting clients with activities of daily living, which may involve cleaning units and light housekeeping
Note: Staff may be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working directly with adults with mental health and/or addiction issues;
- Knowledge of the issues faced by adults with special needs and a marginalized client group which can include addictions, cognitive impairments, HIV/AIDS.
- An understanding is also required of the therapeutic relationship with an ability to negotiate with clients on goals and priorities.
- An understanding of harm reduction, and psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and counselling skills are required to work in a team environment and to engage the clients in some highly personal areas;
- Good crisis intervention and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in working as part of a team of professionals, and in conducting meetings or facilitating groups.
- Good analytical, time management and organizational skills to contribute to program planning and to co-ordinate and follow-up on issues or activities with clients.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: December 20, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE: “RSW - W” in the subject line of any emails.
Organization Description not provided