- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- British Columbia, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
BC Hepatitis Network
The BC Hepatitis Network (BCHN)’s vision is for people everywhere in BC have full access to equitable, stigma-free prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment, and support for viral hepatitis. BCHN provides hepatitis education, peer-to-peer support, peer mentorship and training, hepatitis C screening & linking to care events, connection to services, and advocacy. We work with people living with hepatitis and others affected, and partner with population-specific community-based organizations, and with researchers and government to address concerns about hepatitis prevention, care, treatment access and support.
BCHN’s Operations Manager is instrumental in leading and advancing the implementation, maintenance and ongoing development of operational accountabilities and activities. The primary focus of this position is leading BCHN operations delivery, supporting the implementation of operational procedures across programs, projects and key supportive functions such as evaluation and IT, and identifying and recommending operational improvements.
- Lead the IT Support and administrative team in implementation of operational responsibilities.
- Lead bookkeeping, procurement and assets management, and facilities management responsibilities on behalf of the organization.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, and routinely recommend solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Identify efficiencies, opportunities, and new solutions to BCHN program delivery activities and operations.
- Contribute to program planning and program reporting responsibilities
- Support the Management Team in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to identify potential operational risks, and implement mitigation strategies across the organization, with a specific focus on program and operational matters
- Provide knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting for all BCHN operational activities (i.e. works with program to project cost of delivering program activities)
- Ensure all BCHN offices operate under WorkSafe BC and other health and safety requirements, and that all work environments are safe and suitable for BCHN employees
- Build and maintain positive supportive relationships internally with staff, and externally with stakeholders and funder partnerships that are mutually beneficial, reciprocal, and grounded in trust and respect.
- Work collaboratively with Bookkeeping and Administration personnel in the areas related to operations (i.e. human resources, finances, facilities and procurement activities).
- Maintain up-to-date versions of important/corporate documents as required by law (for example, board meeting minutes, foundation bylaws) and communicate with executive director to ensure annual review of such documents and processes
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports.
- Assist with special projects managed by the Executive Director.
- Provide coverage and back up for other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
- Other identified duties and special projects that reflect both organizational need as well as employee interest.
- Degree in management or related field, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Knowledge of best practices, and legal, accounting and regulatory requirements for grantmaking; understanding of CRA regulations.
- Direct experience working with or in community-based organizations that provide services such as harm reduction, education, support to one or more populations impacted by HCV.
- Knowledge of hepatitis C and factors impacting health an asset.
- Knowledge of the healthcare field (and particularly community health, health equity, substance use and addiction medicine, and public health) an asset.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational, time-management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Strong judgment, analytic reasoning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness, with an ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially.
- Extended health benefits will include medical, dental, vision and Employee and Family Assistance (EAP) program after 3 months of employment
- Generous vacation time, personal days and other leave policies
- Inclusive workplace
- Flexible work schedule
BCHN values diverse lived experiences and supports employment equity. People with lived or living experience of hepatitis C or HIV, as well as Indigenous, Black, and racialized people, LGBTQ2SAIP+ people, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.