Communications and Project Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto or Montreal, ON
- Impact Area
- Human Rights
- Impact Category
- Social Enterprise
- Company Type
- Social Enterprise
About this position
The Communications and Project Coordinator will provide extensive support to the President of the Samuel Family Foundation and be responsible for a variety of critical tasks including copywriting, managing social and digital media, and special events / project management.
The Communications and Project Coordinator must have superb writing and verbal communication skills along with exceptional technical savvy in managing all social and digital media. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a can-do positive attitude and possess outstanding organization and time management skills to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. The candidate must be driven, a critical and creative thinker, and results-oriented.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for someone who has a strong passion for social responsibility, building strong relationships across a wide-range of stakeholders, and creating global awareness to achieve impactful change at the community level.
ABOUT THE PRESIDENT
The Communications and Project Coordinator will support the President who brings over two decades of leadership experience in business, development of multi-stakeholder partnerships, academic research and publication, and philanthropy. The President is an Author, Lecturer and Professor of Practice, and is actively engaged in research and policy advocacy efforts and related initiatives with a diverse global network including high-profile individuals, NGOs, and students. She is a fierce believer in community-grounded initiatives to address pressing urban issues, including the natural and built environment, multi-dimensional poverty, and health and well-being. The President's role is varied as she builds bridges in collaboration with partners to support communities across Canada and around the world facing diverse urban challenges.
- Write impactful and inspiring content, stories and pitches, press releases, speeches and talking points to creatively connect the vision, goals and strategy of the President's key initiatives.
- Develop key tactics for communications and coordinate policy research.
- Prepare digital and print communication materials including outcome reports for all key initiatives including special projects and events.
- Build and maintain strong networks with internal and external stakeholders.
Social and Digital Media:
- Create and maintain social and digital media - consistent with the vision, goals and strategy of the President's key initiatives - to increase global awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
- Redevelop and maintain the website and other online social media applications, including the management of content, to ensure relevancy and timeliness.
- Track and report on social media metrics and recommend optimization strategies using analytical skills and third-party tools.
- Consistently strive for creative and new approaches to online user-facing communications.
- Manage production logistics for all events and/or special projects including the development and execution of the supporting communication strategy (e.g., social and digital media, print campaign, video / photography, signage and other printed materials).
- Execute project plans by implementing critical paths, coordinating the scheduling and processing of steps to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Request quotes and liaise with external vendors, such as printers, designers, programmers, photographers and translators.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a communications and project / special event planning role.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical and creative thinking with experience in developing and executing a progressive social and digital media strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects from start to finish including print and digital production.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively deal with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress), graphic design software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and online fundraising software and tools.
- Demonstrated skill in tracking and reporting web metrics (e.g., Google Analytics).
- A passion for excellence and the ability to multi-task, establish priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment, while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude; always willing to step in and assist on ad-hoc requests.
- Exhibits good decision-making and sound judgment.
- Creative, collaborative, diplomatic, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French).
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and a dynamic work environment.
From the earliest days of Samuel, Son & Co., social responsibility has directly informed and shaped every aspect of the enterprise. Expressed through commitment and support to community as well as core business values that include a focus on providing employment and operating with the utmost integrity, social responsibility has been integral to the Samuel identity and success since 1855. Through five generations, the strength and continuity of Samuel has been rooted in our core values. These roots have served to anchor tremendous growth and change adapting to new challenges and accessing new opportunity. The Samuel Family Foundation is an extension of the Samuel Family and the Samuel Corporation. Under the leadership of Kim Samuel, President and Chair, the Foundation has also engaged in efforts aimed at global poverty alleviation, disability rights and human and indigenous rights, environmental sustainability, education and youth programs.