Community Engagement Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Community Engagement Manager
Ready to make a difference? Join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Residential Services (DRS) the Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is responsible for the planning, organizing and coordinating of all programs, services and budgets within the regional structures. The Community Engagement Manager embraces the mission, vision and values of the Organization and acts as an ambassador of DeafBlind Ontario Services while building relationships within communities.
We believe in endless possibilities.
DeafBlind Ontario Services provides accessible residential and customized support services across the province. Our holistic approach to Intervenor Services empowers people with deafblindness to achieve their goals and dreams.
- Committed to Personal Growth and Development
- Engaging to others, Influence and Confidence
- Team player
- Demonstrate Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Show Passion, Enthusiasm and Dedication
- As the ambassador of the Organization, continuously communicates DeafBlind Ontario Services’ vision, strategies, programs and services to build awareness within the communities
- In collaboration with the Senior Coordinator of Public Relations, acts as a point of contact and liaison between local partners, businesses, individuals, and various other community and business organizations including but not limited to the DSO, housing, etc.
- Develops partnerships within the community to develop and promote opportunities
- Works to find community connections to achieve goals and develop networking opportunities
Leadership and Operations
- Responsible for sound financial management. Monitors expenditures to ensure they conform to budget. Responsible for the preparation of the annual regional operating budget and the ongoing upkeep of the wish list
- Supports the Employee Relations and Culture Advocate to provide leadership, guidance and motivation to employees
- Reviews and approves house books reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reviews and approves client personal needs accounts on a quarterly basis. Provides ongoing support to the Employee Relations and Culture Advocate in preparing house books and client personal need accounts
- Three to six years of relevant work experience
- A completed degree in related field
- Understanding of the unique characteristics and needs of individuals with deafblindness and their families
- Sound knowledge of human resources practices, standards and relevant legislation
- Sound knowledge of financial management practices and the ability to prepare, monitor and manage multi-million dollar financial budgets
WHY WORK WITH US
At DeafBlind Ontario Services, we want you to be your best. We provide a collaborative culture, supportive environment, open communication, and commitment to your personal and professional development.
- Create and provide unique opportunities for growth, extensive training for new employees, and ongoing learning;
- Celebrate and recognize our valued employees through an Employee Recognition Program;
- Motivate and encourage one-another, as well as the people we support, to achieve our goals and dreams;
- Believe that compensation is more than paid wages. We offer our team members an employer sponsored Group RRSP, a comprehensive benefits plan, as well as competitive vacation time and personal emergency leave.
Make a difference in the life of someone with deafblindness. Discover the difference it will make in you.
Start your career with DeafBlind Ontario Services today.
DeafBlind Ontario Services is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the HR Generalist.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided