- Job Type
- Job Level
- Barrie, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Huronia Transition Homes is a non-profit organization in Simcoe County working to end all violence against all women. We are currently seeking the services of a skilled Clinical Supervisor to provide clinical consultation to our team at Athena’s Sexual Assault Counselling and Advocacy Centre, a program which supports women 16 years of age and over who have experienced sexual abuse and/or intimate partner violence in their lifetimes.
The successful candidate will facilitate team-based supervision and provide consultation, and identify and provide training to the team as needed. This is a part-time, independent contractor arrangement, 6 hours/month, working from our office in Barrie every other Monday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This unique opportunity requires a professional who has:
- Exceptional clinical skills and knowledge related to sexual abuse, intimate partner violence, trauma and complex post-traumatic stress;
- Comprehensive understanding of violence against women;
- Ability to create a supportive learning environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in working within an intersectional feminist framework with an integrated harm reduction philosophy;
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work or M.A. in a counselling discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years' directly related experience.